Thermostat

What is thermo stat ? Can anyone explain me with example ?
Does thermocouple sense only temperature? explain with example

Replies

• Fahad Bhatti
    Fahad Bhatti
    Thermostat is a device to regulate the temperature of a system to a setpoint by switching heating or cooling devices. The example is a household geyser in which a thermostat switches off the heater when the required temperature exceeds, and turns back on when temperature falls below the setpoint.

While thermocouples are the temperature sensors which convert thermal potential difference into volts. A thermocouple can produce current, which means it can be used to drive some process directly.
    For example, the power from a thermocouple can activate a valve when a temperature difference arises.
    Thermocouple senses only temperature (or heat) difference.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to know whether servomotor is a DC servomotor or AC servomotor by seeing the image? and how to know whether its an analog servomotor or digital servomotor?
i installed folder lock which i was using for some months....... recently somebody at home mistakenly deleted my user account........... when i created another user account for me........i found that...
I heard that servomotor uses an encoder? Whats the function of encoder in servomotor?? I am working on one of the machine which is used for tabbering and stringing of...
Can anyone tell me what is EDLVA? which is used for front end receiver... Reply me Nagesh Bye
Hiiiiiii all, How does the directivity and radiation resistance of a monopole antenna compare with that of a half-wave dipole? Thank you....