Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science Question Bank

• Explain Equivalence relation & Digitalization with suitable Example.
  • Construct a DFA with reduced states equivalent to the regular expressions: 10 + (0 + 11) 0 * 1
  • Explain Prefix, suffix, proper prefix and proper suffix of a string with suitable Example.
  • Is it possible for two distinct sets A and B to satisfy the equation A X B=B X A? If so, under what circumstances? Give reason for your answer.
  • Is it possible for two distinct sets A and B to satisfy A X B B X A? If so, under what circumstances? Give reason for your answer.
  • Construct a FA, which does not contain ‘101’ and further minimize it.
  • Write a short note on Derivation Trees.
  • Write a short note on Application of Pumping Lemma
  • Write a short note on Regular expression.

Replies

• whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    @AKD: add some more!:wink:
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Please add more questions to this question bank. We can compile a PDF of those and keep it for download.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1. Prove the Distributive and De Morgan’s laws for logic.
    2. Give a direct proof for the following: Suppose x is an integer. Prove that if x is odd, then x+1 is
    even.
    3. Prove the following, using the proof by cases method: Suppose x is a real number, then -|x| ≤ x ≤
    |x|.
    4. Prove the following, using the proof by contradiction method. Suppose x and y are odd integers,
    then xy is odd.
    5. What, if anything, is wrong with the following proof:
    Suppose that m is an integer. Prove that if m
    is odd, then m is odd.
    Proof:
    Assume m is odd. Then m = 2k+1 for some integer k. Therefore m
    = (2k+1)

=4k
    +4k+1 = 2(2k
    +2k) +1, which is odd. Therefore if m
    is odd, then m is odd.
    6. Given the premises s→(o∧r) and n∧¬o prove (using the rules of inference) the conclusion that ¬s.
    Be sure to label your steps and give the rules of inference you are using.
    7. Given the premise ∃x(p(x)∧q(x)) prove (using the rules of inference ) the conclusion that ∃x
    p(x)∧∃x q(x). Be sure to label your steps and give the rules of inference you are using.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is Operating system? Explain in brief the Evolution of Operating system? Explain in brief the functions of Operating system? Explain in brief the structure of Operating system? Explain the...
Dear all, I would like to share a blog that is I am maintaining for my Company. I have tried to make it simple and clear to understand. The Electrical...
So, finally I got my 3G data card from BSNL with the offer: The device costs Rs. 2000 and the data plan is Rs. 700/month (6 months advance payment required)....
Does anyone perform transient analyses on multi-loop cooling systems? I've just signed-up for this webinar next week and thought I'd share it with the group. I'm also interested in hearing...
Greed is bad and that was demonstrated that greed is bad, and also, don't listen to your heart. Your 'Brain' gives you the right answer. In the KBC Episode telecasted...