The Swiggy story - Not all is well with VC funded company

Those who follow the startup world in India might have read this 'famous' post from Swiggy employees from marketing and sales department:

https://swiggysales.tumblr.com/post/163409582196/swiggy-a-house-of-cards#notes
Do go through it, if you haven't already. From fake app ratings to cheating investors and even the affiliated restaurant owners - the whistleblowers have revealed everything.

What do you think?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    This reminds me of the FoodPanda. Same thing had went down with the company. When it comes to Swiggy they managed to grab eyeballs thanks to product placements in AIB videos. What they said at the end is true. Make a start-up, get venture capital funding, succeed and sale. This happens all the time.

Just to keep a balance here is Swiggy’s explanation on this issue: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • urvi kashyap
    urvi kashyap
    A.V.Ramani
    Food startups definitely need a stable model and this can be achieved through intense investment Also they should focus on a all inhouse model as per me to achieve stability.
    They can start small and build, follow the lean startup methodology and grow.
    I would like to quote an example in the same : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Two days back the New Indian Express reported that a Swiggy food delivery man misbehaved with a woman customer in Bangalore. A stray dog that she used to feed came to her rescue.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How much Power would a 18V "Power Over Ethernet Injector" consume per day in Electrical Units (i.e. kW-h) , if left on for 24 hours ? The product's .pdf file...
The Indian Government had declared that it's planning to launch a cab, rickshaw booking app on its own to threaten the monopoly enjoyed by Ola and Uber. Union Minister for...
Google is always one step ahead when it comes to designing technology support for human help. Every day, the world deals with terrorism, accidents and unfortunate circumstances where people tend...
Meizu has recently unveiled its two new flagship devices dubbed Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus in China. The USP of the handsets are the dual screens, a 1.9-inch secondary...
Quote: UBM Americas' 2017 Mind of The Engineer survey provides a look at how engineers feel about a variety of topics including job satisfaction, workplace concerns, and even which superhero...