Some seriously Supertall Structures in China

The People’s Republic of China, commonly known as China, is the most populous state in the worldwith over 1.3 billion people, and Shanghai with its population of 19 million is the most populous city in China and the most populous city proper in the world.

In the past decade, China’s cities expanded at an average rate of 10% annually. However, between 1978 and 2009, the country’s urbanization rate increased from 17.4% to 46.8% a scale unprecedented in human history. These changes, and a lack of space causes huge demand for dense, high-rise offices and housing.

According to Emporis, there are 7,650 skyscrapers in Hong Kong, which puts the city at the top of world rankings. Thirty-six of the world’s 100 tallest residential buildings are in Hong Kong. More people in Hong Kong live or work above the 14th floor than anywhere else on Earth, making it the world’s most vertical city.

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    While these numbers could look really cool and impressive, actually it causes a lot of housing problems. Let’s take a glimpse at some of those enormous blocks of flats in China to get a feel of how it feels to be living in some cities of China.

2 3 4
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Check more Seriously Big Blocks of Flats In China | Bored Panda.

Observe the effect while you scroll down after the Shangai Apartment Buildings.
    WHAO!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow! Totally missed this thread. I wonder they've performed fire safety drills.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The last time I was in Shenzhen & HK, saw a lot of these tall residential structures. Some of the locals tell me that most residents do not use lifts as they are permitted only for elderly/special needs. Climbing up all those flights of stairs every day has gotta be exhausting 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone tel me any algorithm(links to existing) for converting an image into a non readable text?.. i found some convertors available but i want to know how it works.any...
Hello CEans. I hope most of you read the jokes which are on Sardar's (no offence) and now a days on Rajnikanth (no offence) . I am going to share...
Hoover Dam Statistics - Hoover Facts 726.4 feet high (221 m) 1,244 feet wide (379 m) 660 feet (203 m) thick at the base 45 feet (13 m) thick at...
https://fora.tv/series/design_for_the_unexpected
Hi all I am working as a SAN(Storage Area Network) Administrator in IBM. I have been working in this domain for 6 months now. I have an offer of ASE...