Smart material

Smart material is a topic given by CP for 2011 seminar. #-Link-Snipped-#.
So in this thread we will discuss, exchange and share ideas about smart materials. 😀

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    According to CP...
    CIVILPRINCESS
    well smart materials are new high quality materials nowadays used in structural engineering field.

these smart materials can exist in different phases depending on the environment the are subjected to.these materials exhibits many special properties during the transformations between these phases, such as shape memory effect, superelasticity effect, and two-way memory effect, etc.

Smartness describes self-adaptability, self-sensing, memory, and multiple functionalities of the materials or structures.

These characteristics provide numerous possible applications for these materials and structures in aerospace, manufacturing, civil infrastructure systems, and biomechanics.

some smart materials are:
    1. Piezoelectric Materials
    2. Shape Memory Alloys
    3. Magnetostrictive Materials
    4. Active Fluids
    5. Optical Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Here are some smart materials aside from the list given by CP
    * Magnetic shape memory alloys
    * Halochromic materials
    * Chromogenic systems shape under exposure to light.
    * Self-healing materials
    * Dielectric elastomers (DEs)
  • you10
    you10
    good.Smart material is a topic given by CP for 2011 seminar.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Formwork Types & Design is one of the seminar topics for 2011 given by CP.😀 So, In this thread let's discuss, share and exchange ideas and even ask question about...
I've seen this topic😛iano Key Spillways for Dams in https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/project-ideas-seminar-topics/32289-crazyengineers-ultimate-seminar-ideas-civil-engineers-2011-a-2.html but never get any idea there. So, I think we should discuss it here in separate thread and dig more...
CIVILPRINCESSi had collected some topics from various sources and putting up the ones i consider to be good. hope you find them useful. ALL THE BEST So here goes the...
There are several threads about concrete but i think we should have separate thread in discussing about fly-ash concrete pavement. I don't really have any idea about this Fly-Ash Concrete...
Let's discuss about Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete in this thread. We can also share and exchange ideas about this topic. Feel free to ask any question about this topic and...