If an integer n is to be chosen at random from the integers 1 to 96,
inclusive, what is the probability that n(n + 1)(n + 2) will be divisible by
8?

A) 1/4
B) 3/8
C) 1/2
D) 5/8
E) 3/4

Very easy to crack, but you must explain how you achieved at the answer.

-The Big K-

Replies

• shitiz bansal
    shitiz bansal
    Re:answer

d answer is 3/4 as we put 1 in d eq.......it becomes 6 means 6/8 which gives 3/4,hey my maths is p[oor bt m trying ,if it wud be wrong de plz xplain me ..............thanx............
  • crook
    crook
    The answer has to be D, 5/8 ! Its really simple. Others, scratch your brains. I will post the answer soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all I am a part time entrepreneur focusing mainly on new products. I came up with an idea of making crank shafts using FRP. I need forum help to...
Name: Tian Engineering Trade: Electronic Engineering Location: Indonesia Occupation: College Student Work Experience: Part of research in transformator company Hobbies & Interests: Analog and digital electronics, microprocessor, microcontroller, Intel 8051,...
hi friends , here is another crazy man. i am a third year engg. student of electronics & comm. i want to make a good project . please suggest some...
HI EVERYONE This is my first post! For a research project, I want to look into 'Green manufacturing' which looks into better manufacturing processes to reduce the effect on the...
CEans, People who know me personally tell me that CE is wonderful. I believe CE is wonderful because of its members, the CEans! The quality of discussions that we have...