Should you solve the Extra 12 Questions in BIT-SAT?

The BIT-SAT takes know that they have the option to solve extra 12 questions.
But there is a confusion whether to attempt them or not? ๐Ÿ˜•

As per the Brochure:

If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions."
So, the important points to be noted are:

1. You are not given any extra time to answer these questions.
  2. You need to attempt all 150 questions. You cannot leave any question blank
  3. You cannot go back any change any of your answers
According to BITS, these extra 12 questions are a designed to be tougher than the rest.
Whereas, almost every BITSian who has got a score of 350+ claims to have attempted these extra 12 questions. :sshhh:

So if you use a little guesswork and do a little time management, I think you should attempt those 12 Extra Questions. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Buddy i really appreciate your work

Keep it up

It will help a lot
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Seriously its a great suggestion and sure that it will help a lot !
    Good piece of information!
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    The highest cut off in the recent years has been less than 350 (If you get above 350, you'll get the branch of your choice). So according to me, it is not necessu ary to attempt the extra questions. Infact, it is quite a gamble. You need to have solved all 150 questions before the time gets over in order to redeem the extra ones. If you do any guesswork, there are negative marks. As it is you don't need more than 350/450. So why take this unnecessary risk and lower your score.

I would like to add that most of the students don't attemp the extra questions as opposed to AbraKadabra's post, since it really is not needed (unless you are a very great topper or something ๐Ÿ˜›). Solve as many questions as you can comfortably, and you will sail through with flying colours ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As per the popularity these are the few names that give coaching for AIEEE in Delhi. 1) Narayana IIT Academy 2) Gurukul 24X7 3) Einstein Classes 4) Anuraj Institute 5)...
Space launches can be made an eco-friendly and a daily event with low cost of launching using space elevators.Its a structure that can transport materials from a celestial body surface...
Hello everyone . I have a seminar to do and I'm about to graduate. My seminar is about "kinds of computer" and as u know, computer classified into four categories...
I bet you're going to love this video that shows how portable computers evolved over time. Cofounder of Apple, Steve Wozniak is THE MAN who built the first version of...
Helo CEN's, I am a student doing electronic and communication engineering.I would like to do the project on Digital image processing.So please send some of the related project topics.It should...