Shopmatic commences operations in India - lets anyone sell goods online

Singapore based Shopmatic has began its Indian operations with select customers in India. The company founded by Anurag Avula, Yen Lim and Kris Chen in December 2014 lets anyone; individuals and merchants sell goods online. The clients are charged a flat fee of $20 per month, $120 for 6 months or $240 annually with a promise of managing the entire online ecommerce ecosystem.

The merchants can develop their own storefront and list their products across various marketplaces and social channels. Merchants can also get deeper insights of their sales funnel through comparison of all the channels.

Shopmatic has set up offices in Gurgaon and Bangalore, making India as its first International launch. The company is planning to expand its business operations in other Asian countries, followed by the Middle East, Africa and Australia in coming months.

Shopmatic-India

Anurag Avula, the CEO of Shopmatic said that the with about 51 million SMBs in the country, India offers a unique opportunity to Shopmatic to scale. Shopmatic aims to get these sellers online so that they can offer their own products and services to pan-India shoppers.

Official Shopmatic website lists eBay, Amazon, Facebook and Flipkart as various channels where the merchant products will be showcased. The company promises complete logistics support with domestic and International service providers.

Shopmatic will face a stiff competition from Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal and other leading eCommerce players in India, with their 'marketplace' model. Any budding entrepreneur looking to setup an online shop may consider Shopmatic to setup an e-shop.

Source: Singapore-based Shopmatic launches in India - Times of India | goshopmatic.in

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to do moving average calculation, for ex: i am getting continuous values from a (analog/ real/eg. 12.125, 3.75 ton/hour)flow transmitter. i need to know the average of the values...
Dear sir /madam, Where can i found journals of mechanical engineering. If possible can you please attach the link. Otherwise please mention the links. Thank you
Born and brought up in Nagpur (Maharashtra), Ajit Shegaonkar grew up watching his father build a business from scratch. From a very young age, he considered ‘starting up a venture’...
Hi, I am final year student from computer engineering. My project topic is secure data transmission by using DNA triplet code. In which i am using the bi-serial algorithm. There...
Hi all. Me seeking career advice of Mechanical Engineers all over the globe.