Scorpion-3 - The hover bike offers the coolest way to go to office

Who doesn't want to ride a flying bike? A team of crazy engineers at HoverSurf, a San Francisco based startup, has developed a flying machine that combines the joy of riding a bike and flying. The result is is quite awesome; as you can see in the following video. HoverSurf calls it 'Scorpion-3 platform' which can be used as a hoverbike, a cargo drone and a drone taxi. Looking at the design, the bike may not be ready to take you to college or office just yet; but we might just be looking at the future of personal transport.

HoverSurf says that its state of the art flight controllers make the bike safe. A mix of automation and manual control will help the rider keep check of altitude as well as speed. However, the proximity of high speed blades with that of the rider might just make it unsafe for public utility. We don't expect Scorpion-3 to be ready for mass production anytime soon.

Scorpion-3-Drone-Bike

It's worth noting that the Scorpion-3 is completely electric powered. The team is looking to crowdfund the project and mentions that it has invested lot of efforts in designing a compact bike and safety.

We'd expect the design to undergo changes before HoverSurf decides to make it available in the markets. Till then, let's just keep dreaming about arriving in our office on this hover/drone bike. It'd be cool, what say you?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've municipal corporation elections in the region where I live and I'm thinking whether to vote or not. I know - voting is important and I ought to vote; but...
Born to a father, who is an Anesthesiologist and a mother, a Gynaecologist in a small town called Guna in Madhya Pradesh, Mudit Vijayvergiya, as many believed, was destined to...
Reliance Jio has announced the new 'Jio Prime' membership plan for all of its 100 million customers. Reliance head, Mr. Mukesh Ambani unveiled the Jio Prime membership details at a...
Google, alongside Microsoft’s Bing, covers almost all the search needs of daily internet dwellers. With little to no steps against the websites offering illegal, copyrighted material, anyone has an easy...
LG Electronics has announced a new smartphone in South Korea just ahead of MWC 2017. The LG X400 has started off as a South Korea exclusive and is expected to...