scalable waste-energy recycling engine - the WHE

Novel waste-energy recycling engine receives key patent

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The concept of waste heat recovery by an engine seems interesting. Just imagine, if we can only commercialize this patent, it would benefit us every where. Now a days, waste heat is every where. Automobiles are a nuiscence in city. They liberate a vast amount of heat.

I was thinking about two stroke engines. It waste a lot of fuel, isn't it? How about tapping that energy too, by this patent?

Another off topic discussion can be about KERS technology by Volvo. KERS (Kinetic energy recovery system) is an F1 racing technology which stores energy wasted in braking with the use of a flywheel.

Regarding WHE, I do not have any questions, but the concept is interesting. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    according to second law of thermodynamics it is impossible to design an engine which take some amount of heat 'q' and use the whole heat for doing some work.
    it implies that there is no way to utilize all the wasted heat but we can improve our efficiency. this time i am busy in examinations but soon i try to research on this topic. so please continue this.....good luck
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well, I feel that the Second law of thermodynamics is only a guiding principle and not a law. Science has always proved every one wrong with startling discoveries.

In 20th Century, it was said that the Subject of Physics has ended. At that precise moment, Einstein came up with startling concepts. This time also, there is something to challenge the second law of thermodynamics. This is not exactly related to engine, but everyone must be aware that electricity generates a lot of waste heat right?

Oak Ridge national laboratory has come up with a concept of recovering waste heat with the usage of tiny chip like structure. To know more read the article. #-Link-Snipped-#

I Hope it adds a value to this discussion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This engine is based on the good old Rankine cycle and and does not violate laws of thermodynamics. There is no claim that all heat is recovered. Only that this engine recovers energy from hitherto non-viable sources.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During my first ever Web Development using Personal Web Server, I used to think of how to host different websites on my single Windows 98 SE system. I used to...
Earth Work -Soil test -Shoring and Dewatering -Excavation,Filling and compacting -Surveying works / grading work / Fix site corners -Termite Control -Soil Test Alot of information result from Soil test...
CEan aj_onduty celebrates his ??[sup]th[/sup] ( ๐Ÿ˜’ )birthday today. Wishing him a very happy birthday! What's the plan? Where's the party, dude? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ :myparty:
Hey guys, recently I wrote a review paper regarding hypersonic flight regime taking information from various sources, but after sending it for review, I still haven't got any feedback and...
Friends, Please go through this tutorial. [video=youtube;89co7Qdwrmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89co7Qdwrmg[/video]