Samsung code names Note 8 as 'Baikal' and doubles first shipment of Galaxy S8

Samsung's leaving no stone unturned to rise from the tough times it faced recently. The exploding 'Note 7' phones had to be recalled and there were rumors that Samsung might discontinue the Note series. However, Samsung confirmed that the Note series will keep advancing with Galaxy Note 8. We learn that the phone has received an internal codename as 'Bikal'. The codename is quite special - it's the name of the largest freshwater lake in the world by volume and is also the deepest lake in the world! Not only that, it's also considered as the world's oldest lake!

Lake-Bikal-Samsung-Note8-Galaxy-S8
Lake Baikal (Image Credit: Wikipedia)​

It's believed that Samsung will put a 4K display on the Note 8. Your eyes won't be able to figure out the difference; but it will make VR experience far better. Bixby, Samsung's artificially intelligent assistant will also make a debut on Note 8. Learning from its experience, Samsung has decided to source the batteries from LG. Samsung seems to be tightly guarding the development of Note 8; while the Samsung Galaxy S8 - Summary of leaked features of upcoming Galaxy S8 have Samsung Is Developing Galaxy S8 Firmware multiple times.

A Korean publication has reported that Samsung has almost doubled the first shipment of the Galaxy S8 phones compared to the S7. It's expected Samsung will ship about 16-18 million units of Galaxy S8 phones to ensure that there is no shortage of phones for the early adopters. The publication informs that the total S8 phone shipments could touch 55 million.

We expect that Samsung will announce the S8 at a special event on March 29. We'll keep you updated as the story unfolds. Do let us know your expectations from the S8 and the Note 8.

Source: Samsung almost doubles first shipments of Galaxy S8: report

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have 0.55 kw, 415 volt, 1.2 amp flc, 115 hz, 6750 rpm motor if i supply 415 volt, 50 hz then how it take amp? please give me equation..
Entrepreneurship is the new buzzword among students of engineering and MBA colleges. I see that almost every college has set up their own startup incubator to turn students into future...
Almost every publication out there is writing that Google is likely to ban torrent websites starting June 1. To me, this did not make any sense at all. Tell me...
In India, startups = funding. No one gives a damn if you aren't a funded company. If you are launching a startup, you better start looking for funding from venture...
Intex Technologies has taken a break from launching new Aqua range of smartphones and delved into the feature phone market this valentine’s day with two new handsets. The Intex Turbo...