Sage Agastya Battery Recreated - Were our ancestors more advanced than we are?

Just stumbled upon this video and while it's simple chemistry to us, I'm wondering if the ancient people actually knew a lot more than we do? 

Recreating a 4000 Year Old Battery - Was Electricity Used in Ancient Times? - YouTube

Wondering if anyone's had a chance to read the Agastya Samhita?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Firstly, it is much simpler to hang the copper and zinc vertically with a gap rather than using saw dust to keep the horizontal foils separate. Secondly, saw dust being lighter wouldn’t remain in that position when the copper sulphate solution was poured in. I am not aware that zinc metal was available at Agastya’s time.

I have initiated some investigation with Prof.Sriram, a physicist, who’s currently working on ancient astronomy in India studying various Sanskrit documents. Shall post here if anything turns up.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I find it very unlikely that Agastya described a primary cell and series connection of a hundred of them.

There are even doubts about his period. Agastya samita’s veracity itself is questioned by scholars.

Anyway here is some more ‘time pass’ (more like time waste) info:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to know, what happen, if I use normal hardener for 2 K paint, and thin with slow thinner? In other word, the hardener always should be slower?
Hi i need information about tet exam as i finished my mtech in electrical n housewife seeking for a school teacher job
My working domain is AI and Data Mining also have interest in Data Security and Business Intelligence ... Hope so You guide me well :)  
An interesting Scientific American blog:More generally, why do computers use so much energy in the first place? What are the fundamental physical laws governing the relationship between the precise computation...
Respected Maam,How can I do 1 month internship in BHEL, kolkata? I don't have any referral though.