Ribbon wire repair project

Hello. My autistic son's overhead mobile DVD monitor dropped from the unit (locking nut vibrated out of the locking shaft) tearing apart the ribbon wire connector. Panasonic techs say they cannot locate the "correct" ribbon to replace it. Does anyone have experience repairing ribbon wire? This particular one is 2.223 cm wide with 16 leads. I know the project is challenging, but would be much less difficult if I got some good experienced direction.
Any thoughts???

Replies

• satheesh27887
    satheesh27887
    I don't have experience in tis field....
    anyhav ALL THE BEST>>>>
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    The easiest way out would be for you to take the unit to your nearest local electrical stores and ask the person there to solder the 2 broken ends of the ribbon cable with small wires.

-Karthik
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i just think if you are worried,vexed etc then just turn on the music and dance.that is the only thing that relaxes mind😁
Hi all CEs I want to see an open Openion on this topic. GOD IS AN ENGINEER. so what you guys say?
This is Gaurav , I am currently in third year of my Computer Engineering. I have been a member of CE for two days now and i am absolutely loving...
Hey guys think about this! We all know that sound is one form of energy! SO why don we convert the sound energy to some useful form! Is it possible???
CEans! I'm happy to tell you that we feature on AllTop.com's newly added Engineering section! 😁 Our feed will appear at AllTop -> Engineering (scroll down) [Note that AllTop is...