Reliance Jio Broadband & 4G Plan Tariff : AWESOME!

Reliance Jio is getting their website ready and the hawk eyed folks at the blog Telecom Talk got access to the test site. The information they saw about the broadband and 4G plan tariff is astonishing. It's obvious that Reliance Jio is planning to disrupt the broadband and wireless data plan markets; with the lowest recharge being made available at price as low as Rs. 1! How cool is that? But that's not enough, here's a quick overview of what to expect :

Note: The following information was spotted on the test site and is likely to be different when the plans are actually announced. B

Reliance Jio FTTH (Fibre To The Home) Plan: FIP Alpha

With their cables running across major cities and towns in India, Reliance can offer internet via fibre lines at very cheap rates. Priced Rs. 1 the preview website showed a plan that offers 100 GB of data at the rate of 100 Mbps! The plan will include router gateway, the drop cable of the router, wi-fi facility and ethernet facility. I'd expect the price to be somewhere in the range of Rs. 1599 to 1999 per month. It's be extremely disruptive price and I'm quite sure Beam Telecom from Hyderabad will finally have a worthy competitor!

FIP Alpha with Wi-Fi and JioDrive – Price: Rs. 4

This plan is likely to be the same as the above plan with an additional facility of storing up to 100 GB of data on the cloud offered by Reliance, called JioDrive. It's expected that this service will also offer a wi-fi hotspot device.

Volte Basic

The volte basic plan will offer unlimited voice calling along with the Rs. 1099 plan. Reliance will also deliver IPTV via this service.

The Wi-Fi Startup Plan @ Rs. 51

This plan will come with VolteSIM card and facilities like LTE, Wi-Fi and Digital Media services. The data will be capped at 10 GB for Rs. 500.

Jio Mobility Bundle (NTMore) – Price: Rs. 3,010

This plan will aim at providing the Jio MiFi device which will offer 10 GB of data at Rs. 500.

Jio MiFi Product (NTMore) – Price: Rs. 2,610

Same as the above plan, but will offer 1 GB of data for Rs. 100.

Of course above plans look weird, but we can make a guess about the direction in which Reliance Jio is advancing.

Replies

• sunilkumar23
    sunilkumar23
    If thats d case soon RelianceJio will become "Internet for EVERthing" 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update!

The latest leak of the pricing plans reveals that Reliance Jio is indeed looking to disrupt the markets. The SIM cards will be priced at Rs. 200 which will entitle the users to have 75GB of 4G data along with 4500 minutes (aka 75 hours) of call time! Now that's awesome, right?

Also, there will be a ton of freebies on the table along with the data card. The Mi-Fi devices that you'll need are likely to be priced at Rs. 700 - 800 and each of these will come with 40GB of data with three months of validity.

That said, reliance is already preparing to launch the broadband services as well. These are likely to initiate pricing wars among the service providers. I personally can't wait to see Reliance Jio in action.

But note that Reliance is only expecting a soft launch of their service. Which means only select users in select cities are likely to get the service in the first one or two months. The pan-India roll out is likely to be pushed back by 4-6 months.

Are you excited about the pricing?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's the official JIO Tariff: (Click for bigger view)

Detailed-Jio-Plans

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bluetooth 4.2 specs are out and they're clearly hinting at a world where everything around you is connected to the Internet. But 'Internet' isn't the first thing that comes to...
Hello, I'm making my personal website, so wondering which domain extension would be better. I see a lot of personal sites with .me extension. On the other hand If we...
ISRO (or Indian Space Research Organisation) is all geared up for the launch of its latest communication satellite GSAT-16, slated to fire off on 5th of December. The launch will...
With an aim to to connect people who wish to experience something new with talented local guides who wish to share their expertise and passion with others, GuideTrip was founded...
From Washington Post Quote: “Gangnam Style,” the K-pop sensation that basically owned 2012, has been viewed so many millions of times that, two years later, YouTube’s view counter literally broke...