Relationship between funicular polygon and bending moment diagram

Hello,

I'm a civil engineering student. I found this forum when trying to find some information about the relationship between funicular polygon and bending moment. I don't know if I'm allowed to ask academic questions here...
Well, I'm trying my luck ;p

I learned how to contruct a funicular polygon and bending moment diagrams in two different subjects and I realised how close looking the two are, so I wondered if there was a good explanation to relate the two.

I can feel it's kind of the same as the polygon represents the forces in order for the structure to be in equilibrum and the bending diagram represents how the structure bend in order to stay in equilibrum (is that right ?)

Someone also told me yesterday that the slope of the funicular polygon has something to do with the shear force. I think it's because of the fact that the derivative of the bending moment is the shear force but I'm not sure why.

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry if I'm in the wrong place and also sorry for my bad english.

Melissa

Replies

• Nachko
    Nachko
    In french only, I am sorry:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi every one matloob here i m the studnt of mcs final semester an need to help of you professnial people for my crier
Google Drive has officially entered the highly competitive market in data storage services for small businesses and private customers, alongside Microsoft, Apple and DropBox. Drive will allow Google customers to...
last day we were doing our lab session in linear circuits lab. we got a question 2,3,4 on the file. but we cannot got any idea about the question and...
Suppose the cache and main memory access times are 100 ns and 1200 ns respectively. The cache is used for paging and the hit ratio of finding the page table...
hi CE, I'm a postgraduate software engineering student in anna university trichy.further i want to do pusue research(ph.d) in reputed institution like iit, nits.i will prepare a entrance eamination. so...