query regarding type of os

Which of the followings are equal things when there is only one CPU in a system.
A)Multiprogramming and Multitasking
B)Multiprocessing and Multiprogramming
C)Multitasking and Multiprocessing
D)None of these

plz explain briefly ur answer

Replies

• avii
    avii
    rather answering directly, tell us where you have confusion or lacking clarity with this question
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    avii
    rather answering directly, tell us where you have confusion or lacking clarity with this question
    i got my answer sir,was just confused ,i hope the answer is multiprogramming and multi-tasking,but i wanted to ask that multi-tasking i.e. if in a time-sharing os,i have multiple users connected on one cpu, and in other case if operate a time sharing system for the individual processes within a system,then which will be more efficient??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the major difference in operating system of windows architecture and linux operatins system architecture and does'nt window has kernel??? I also wanted to know the need of kernel...
XOLO does it again by bringing one of the latest features in an Android smartphone at an affordable price in India. Launched today, the XOLO Q2100 features fingerprint sensor that...
Alcatel has announced the India launch of its Firefox OS smartphone at a press event held yesterday. The Alcatel Onetouch Fire C comes with a dirt-cheap price tag of Rs....
Howdy CEans, I'm about to buy a phone, and thinking of Moto G 2nd Generation. After sales service would be much appreciated. Please don't suggest any company like Micromax, Lava,...
Wishing our dear CEan @Chaitanya Kukde a very happy birthday! Its your day!