Properties of sections of solids

Most solid beams put to practical use have a particular cross-sectional shape , because each such shape has a unique mechanical property, which help the beam to perform its function without failing.

here are some of them:

I-section: has good resistance against axial tensile and compressive loads, though it is weaker against , torsional forces. the best example is the connecting rod in the I.C engine.

circular section: has good resistance against torsional loads, and thus used as shafts.

so what are the properties of other such sections

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AT&T Multi-Beam Antenna Provides 5x Data Speeds For Live Events Google Interactive Spaces Makes Physical Rooms Come Alive Virtual Power Plants For Green Energy From University of Southampton Japanese FITSAT-1...
for clear cookies follow the given steps:- 1:- click on the start botton. 2:- type the run. 3:- then open a dilog box. 4:- after this we type %temp%. and...
I wanted to know whether SP-24-1983 is revised or not. If so, then please post the latest revision of SP-24 which be of great help for me.
i wanna make a TGMC project on ASP.NET , bt TGMC has mentioned that we have to use any one of its specified tool..........and of these i think if DB2...
Can someone provide me with thoughtworks aptitude papers and programming papers please? They are visiting my college for campus placements next week so I need to check some papers.