Programmer Communication Problems

I'm having trouble getting my MPLAB to establish a connection with my programmer. I have a MPLAB ICD module with a serial connection to COM1 on my pc. There is also a phone wire coming out of the module that is connected to a MPLAB ICD demo board that holds the PIC16F877. The demo board is connected to an external power supply. I have MPLAB IDE v8.10 installed on my computer. I selected MPLAB ICD 2 as my programmer and under settings I have COM1 and 19200 as the baud rate. I have PIC16F877 as the device. For the COM port settings on my computer i have 19200 bits/s selected, parity = none, stop bits =1, data bits=8, flow control = hardware. I also deselected the box that says to use FIFO buffers. When I try to go to programmer -> connect it comes up with an error message that says it is unable to connect to MPLAB ICD 2. Does anyone else have any other troubleshooting tips that I can try? Thanks for any help.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found that only USB Drives (jump/flash/external/etc.) are not working on USB ports, other things like mice etc... are working perfectly, on my laptop. On connecting USB drive the we...
We have a search engine for videos which is claimed to be the first one to search videos by seeing images that appear in videos. Checkout the article: A Search...
CEans, Please keep everyone of us posted about the engineering, tech, entrepreneurship conferences, summits happening across the world so that we can get in touch with the organizers and partner...
Hey Guys Time to wake up. :sleeping: I see too many people asking for help in their projects and seminars. Me and Biggie were discussing about how we can help...
https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/images/smilies/mgk.gif ๐Ÿ˜ hello !! all crazy engineers! i am sachin mahapurush, pursuing BE in electrical and electronics Engineering and in second year.. i am new member............... pls tell me how...