PR2 Robot - Fetches Beer from the Refrigerator

One day, the roboticists at Willow Garage were thirsty, so they decided to teach their quick-learning PR2 robot a few tricks.
PR2 already knew how to fold laundry and play pool but now it is much more useful. When you want a beer, you just have to open a web interface, choose your preferred brew, and click the “Beer Me” button. The PR2 opens the refrigerator, scans its contents using image recognition software and retrieves a bottle of the correct kind, then brings it back to you. It can open the bottle as well. I want one (right now). Watch a video of it in action here.

This is just so cool! 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

YDreams" largest project to date, "El Faro" Visitors Center, is the gateway to Santander Group's financial complex on the outskirts of Madrid. The center is a creative mix of advanced...
You are about to see, some really crazy mind-blowing stuff here. :shock: The Nao Robot by Aldebaran Robotics is an amazingly advanced bot that boasts cognitive skills, a high level...
A team of students and faculty at Cornell University claim that their Ranger robot has set a new world record for non-stop distance walked by an untethered, legged robot -...
Have you heard about the term called, Asimov's "The Three Laws" of Robotics. These laws are a set of three rules written by sci-fi author Isaac Asimov and later expanded...
can somebody help me,i want 2 utilise generated electricity through walking in a better way my generated volts r 5-7 volts only ,is there any way lyk body temperature display...