Power amplifier placement

Why is the current rating of the signal is amplified last and not in the begining

What will happen if we use a CC to amplify the ip current then amplify the voltage of the signal

Is it feasible or not

Do clarify me

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Really what will happen in such a configuration
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If the circuit is the source of the signal then the amplification will alwyas be at the end. Since our circuiti the source we the signal will be already strong enough for processing. Amplification is done just before the signal leaves the source circuit to travel to far away destination or if the signal is being fed to multiple other places. Amplification at this point will ensure the siganl reaches with proper strength. Otherwise if you just amplify at the begining, the signal will already get week due to processing and will die half way.

If still the signal strength gets lowered repeaters are used.

This is in genral why amplification is done at the last stage. However I feel it should be contextual to your question.

Sorry for typos, writing from mobile.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    No probs about typos pal

But I meant this in cascaded amplifiers why does the current amplifiers are like terminal ends and not in the initial stages
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What is the prime concern then I am really confused with your reply #-Link-Snipped-#
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    jeffrey samuel
    No probs about typos pal

But I meant this in cascaded amplifiers why does the current amplifiers are like terminal ends and not in the initial stages
    I am not sure if this is what you are asking but let me try.

See, you're cascading the amplifiers to attain a certain amount of voltage amplification. Now as you keep on cascading, with every stage the voltage will increase but current will decrease. Hence to make up for this current loss, after the required voltage amplification is attained, we amplify the current at last so its ready to be given to next stage in strongest form.

Power amplifier will amplify both voltage and current and its used in last so as our amplified voltage doesnt loose the required amplification level in current amplification process.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Now I get it pal I misconceived that At each stage of any amplifier both current and voltage is amplified now it is crystal clear

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why is there a time delay of a few min from the time of posting a new thread and for it to be displayed in the right side bar
We all know that capacitor blocks DC (voltage). I want to know how a capacitor can store charge from DC source? Also, why is DC voltage rating given to the...
#include #include int main() { int a=0.7; clrscr(); if(a==0.7) printf("equal"); else printf("not equal"); getch(); } ..................................... make required changes to run on linux... also answer this #include #include int main()...
Why java is/isn't pure object oriented?...give smart ans...
I think we've the world's best way of answering true / false type of questions. Here we go, share your opinion - Would you call it a 'crazy engineer' way...