Portable 3 axis accelerometer synchronized with gyroscope

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I don't know if I can get some help here. I am a biomechanist, and by background is in mechanical engineering and sport science. I must confess that a know few things in electronics, despite a real interest.
I am working with 3 axis accelerometer to study some characteristics on the human movement (swimming). My problem is that I want to be able to correct raw x acceleration data given by the accelerometer with angle made by the swimmer's body with the horizontal. This angle is continuously changing with time. In brief, I need a way to synchronize my accelerometer with a gyroscope. All the device must be portable, waterproof and with a data logger. (it is the case for the accelerometer).
I do not know if you can give me some tips or supplier ???

Hugh

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I suggest looking into PIC microcontrollers for synchronizing the gyro and accelerometer. Do you already aim for specific models of them?

For ease of implementation, look through the SparkFun Electronics website and select gyroscope and accelerometer components that have breakout boards. They usually measure around 2 x 2 cm.

With a microcontroller (PIC or Atmel) and those sensors, it is possible to fit the system around the size of a credit card.
  • ice_3141
    ice_3141
    You can purchase an accelerometer gyroscope data logger at React App

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello i need help to get this working if its possible, will try explain what i have come to. I have 2 dc motors that I want to control six...
Here's a list of engineering conferences in year 2009 - Engineering Conferences Worldwide Upcoming events in Engineering and related fields
Okay, this idea just struck my mind and I guess someone could use it. I am not sure if it has been done. Create a snake robot, about 72 cm...
I am looking for a innovative subject for my mini project
CEans, We are glad to present the pre-release review of Ashish Jaiswal's True Dummy : The catch line of the book says: "A fable of existence" And it truly is...