Pointers: What does ***a mean?

is there any meaning for this: ***a

Replies

• xxxabhash007
    xxxabhash007
    Re: pointers

***a means pointer to a pointer to pointer.
    This means 'a' is pointer variable which holds address of another pointer which holds address of another variable which holds the actual value.
  • K Harish Naidu
    K Harish Naidu
    ok. can u give examp;e how exactly it is used
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Here is the example for ***
    #include
    #include
    void main()
    { int i=10,*j,**k,***s;
    j=&i;
    k=&j;
    s=&k;
    cout<<***s; [This will print 10]
    cout<<"\n"<<**(&s); [This will print the address of k, means to say the address stored in s)
    getch();
    }
  • xxxabhash007
    xxxabhash007
    Are you clear with the given example or you need more explaination.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Orkut has been around for long and I know many of my friends got introduced to Internet because of Orkut. "What the heck, you're not on Orkut??" was one of...
The ex-Developers of one of the most powerful forum software: vBulletin are working on their own forum solution: XenForo. Lot of people have been saying that XenForo will give a...
CEans, Please post your college's tech fest dates / schedule in this thread. If any of the colleges are willing to get CE as their online media partner, we are...
If 2/3 of the number of women attending a certain dance is equal to 1/2 the number the men attending, what fraction of those attending are women? ๐Ÿ˜ A) 2/5...
A goat that has been wandering around the eastern Missouri town of Mexico has gained enough attention to have his own Facebook page. Mexico animal control officer Joe Horton said...