PLL VCO Temperature Instability

I recently constructed a PLL synthesized weather band receiver. When I apply heat using a hair drier, the reference oscillator crystal remains on frequency. The VCO LO only remains on frequency for a short time until the VCO control voltage reaches its limit 7V, then the PLL drops out of lock.

Why does the VCO control voltage reach its limit so quickly at only 90 degrees F? ​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm surprised when many engineering students (and even professionals) say that the decision of choosing engineering was actually taken by their parents. There are few examples of wannabe doctors turned...
In my own, personal, humble opinion; the best decisions aren't taken by a group rather, they are taken by individuals working alone. 😒 I had thousands of such occasions where...
How to apply watermark to a password field and the text in the watermark should be"Password"????
I just read this news from Times of India. ​ The Wall Street Journal is reporting that 10 popular Facebook applications have been transmitting users' personal identifying information to dozens...
Look at this video and read the description following it. [video=youtube;fXkoIBDXwd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXkoIBDXwd8&feature=player_embedded[/video] Video from a camera attached to a weather balloon that rose into the upper stratosphere and recorded the blackness...