Planning for a Startup in Robotics

Hi,

I am an IC design engineer with 6 years of experience, working for an MNC in bangalore. I have been working on this idea of making a product based on Drone(UAV). This drone would be made using the OpenSource Arduino software(APM) and ofcourse, on Atmel Arduino platform.

The target customers will be Distributors/manufacturers of Equipments used in Agriculture.
Once the POC is ready, The work will be to showcase the prototype to both Private & government players.

I am looking for like minded people who are interested to join me in kickstarting this project.
open for any sort of technical/non-technical help.

Since I am planning for startup in bangalore, Engineers in bangalore pitching in my idea would be great.

Current Plan of Action:
1. Got the necessary Hardware/infrastructure required for building a prototype.
2. Looking for Interns or Experience professional (in Arduino), in bangalore. Initial time line for finishing the prototype is for 3 months.
3. Got the initial finance to fund the project. Once the prototype is ready, hoping to get some funding by joining an Incubation centre or through private investment from potential customers.

Please provide your suggestions in trying to do things right in kickstarting my venture.

Regards,
Rafeeq

Replies

• Raffu
    Raffu
    Guys !
    please help me find Engineers/Interns for my project in bangalore !

Also, Please proivde the drawbacks/loopholes in my POA(plan of Action) for kickstarting my venture.

bye
    rafeeq
  • abhikr
    abhikr
    Hi Rafeeq,
    I have been planning to do my own drone startup back in my college. I do have my own plans to work on this project so I honing my skills in the field.

Let me give you my brief introduction.
    B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering, IIIT Jabalpur
    M.Des - Interaction Design, IDC, IIT Bombay
    Current Status - Working in a software startups

I have some ideas related to the topic and I want to make it work. It would be really great if we can work together and make the project alive. Let me know if you are open to work with the designers.

Abhinav
  • Raffu
    Raffu
    Hi abhinav,

thanks for the reply.

It seems a great opportunity for us to work together.
    Let's take this a step forward, and have some discussions on the Ideas.

In which part of India do you work ?

when you say, designers; are you group of people who are interested ?
  • Raffu
    Raffu
    Hi abhinav,

It's always fruitful when people with like-minded Ideas work together.
    Let's take this a step forward, and have some discussions on the Ideas.

When you say 'Designers', Do you mean that there are group of people who are interested ?

As I already mentioned, My plan was to use "arduino" as a platform. Have you worked on it before ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Guys, For My Startup Venture,I am looking for Engineers with knowledge into Robotics(arduino/microcontroller) . Since the opportunity will be in a startup, you will have lot of scope to...
If you recently bought a 5K retina iMac or are busy boasting your brand new 4K laptop display, please remember that the engineers at the Video Electronics Standards Association aka...
Can anyone please explain me that what will happen when the direction of a primary side of a current transformers vary?? In industries we use bidirectional transformers and feeders ,usually...
hello frnds...i need ur advices to choose the right path in my career to achieve my goal. i am an electrical & electronics engg, 2014 pass out fresher.at present i...
LG Electronics has sought the expertise of Google to deliver free virtual reality headsets to new customers of its hugely popular flagship smartphone, the LG G3. The LG VR for...