piezoelectric transducer (ultrasonic fogger) for Fogponics

Hello all never really done this before but here goes nothing, I am looking talk to an engineer (I have no idea what kind of engineer I am looking for) to help design piezoelectric transducer (ultrasonic fogger) for Fogponics. Fogponics is used to grow herbs/vegetables/fruits and is a form of Aeroponics that uses a piezoelectric transducer (ultrasonic foggers) to atomize the water into particles that are micrometres in size which is the size roots absorb water at.

Water droplet size is crucial, too large a water droplet means less oxygen is available to the root system too fine a water droplet such as those generated by the ultrasonic foggers (5-15 micrometres) produce excessive root hair without developing a lateral root system for sustained growth. High Pressure Areoponics makes mist of 5-50 micrometres micro-droplets which are necessary for long-term growing.

I have done extensive research on the pros and cons of fogponics mostly using #-Link-Snipped-# which searches ICmag, Roll It Up, Grass City, THC Farmer, Cannabis, Cannabis Culture, Open Grow, Gardens Cure, 420 Magazine. Why these sites you might ask because they are really the only ones with people trying out this type of system and pushing it forward. At best the information on the site is fragmented with arguments for and against fogponics, I want to compile all the data I can mine from them and put it into a clear and concise all-encompassing manual for growing using fogponics and give it back to the communities because I believe sharing/open sourcing is the best way to innovation. These are my findings so far for Fogponics

Pros for Fogponics:
-Uses less water and nutrients, 70% less then hydroponics which already uses 70% less then traditional farming
-High Yield
-Growth speed on roots is amazing, large mass and very fuzzy; growth of stems is very quick as thus high turnover rate
-Versatile in how you want to set up you grow op (i.e. vertical, buckets or just in Tupperware)
-Just one unit to clean instead of many heads like Aeroponics

Cons for Fogponics are:
-Foggers heats up which can destroy the nutrients and hurt the roots
-The frequency at which foggers currently vibrate create droplets 5-15 micron range which is great for seedlings as they only require water but as plants get older they require nutrients so the droplets need to be bigger (say 50 microns) to carry the nutrients.
-Ultrasonic foggers can't handle anything lager then 500 ppm because it will clog them and kills them

I have a few ideas how to fix the cons but I need to talk with someone who has working knowledge of how to design a piezoelectric transducer so see if my idea have any weight (such as being able to switch frequencies so it can switch from producing 5-15 microns to 50 microns).

Sorry for the wall of text, you made to the end without passing out from boredom thanks for reading.

tl/dr Don’t know what kind of engineer to talk to but need help on how to design an piezoelectric transducers (ultrasonic fogger) to use specifically for fogponics; such as changing the frequency so droplet sizes are bigger (50 microns instead of 5-15 microns) and thus can carry larger/heavier nutrients to the roots, avoid overheating water and be able to handle more than 500 ppm solution without clogging.

(p.s I see people talking about Ultrasonic Nebulizers, I am assuming they are the same thing as piezoelectric transducer (ultrasonic foggers)? )

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello engineers...... i m making a robot for the robowars competitions and i need your help for selecting motors for motion and weapon. weight of the robot will be around...
How do you like the idea of playing Guitar to compose and send that important email to your boss? What do you think about adding music to the boring business...
The London Array has finally reached is full capacity as the engineers commissioned the 175th (final) turbine. Dong Energy reported that with all the turbines now connected with the national...
When we say the Universe, we are really referring to the observable universe. What is beyond is a lot of conjecture. The Planck Cosmology Probe took a picture of an...
i'M TRYING TO RECOVER THE MY HP LAPTOP, WHEN I TRY TO CREATE RECOVERY MEDIA DISC THEN THE SYSTEM SHOW THE ERROR "" Visual C++ Library- Run Time Error,------R6002-Floating point...