Panda Solar Farm in China is The World's Cutest Power Plant

With great power comes great fun! At least that's the catchphrase with China at the moment, what with their latest solar panel installations in Datong being a token of insane cuteness. The new Panda Power Plant in China is shaped like the country's prized bamboo-chewing animal, and the first phase provides the city of Datong with 50 megawatts (MW) of clean energy. Installed by Panda Green Energy (formerly United Photovoltaics Group Limited) in agreement with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the first phase of the giant station was recently connected to the grid.

Panda-Green-Energy-Powe-Plant-Solar
The construction of this power plant began in 2016, which upon completion will have an aggregate installed capacity of 100 MW. The darker/black parts of the panda like the ears and arms comprise of monocrystalline silicone solar cells, while the grey and white parts are made up of thin-film solar cells. The company claims that the power plant would contribute to 3.2 billion kilowatt-hours of green power in 25 years, reducing carbon emissions by 2.74 million tonnes.

As part of their "Panda 100 Program", Panda Green Energy plans to install more similar plants in Belt and Road, as these are part of Chinese president Xi Jinping’s economic development strategy aka the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road. With the strategy focussed on cooperation between Europe and Asian countries, it's highly possible that a few solar plants are built outside of China.

panda-green-energy-solar-grid

In addition to delivering clean renewable energy, the panda solar station shall also act as an activity center for China's youth, where they will be given lessons on the benefits of solar power and sustainable development.

via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sandesh bukate
    sandesh bukate
    It was a great article and valuable news thanks for sharing it. For more strange structures you can click here Top 10 Civil Engineering Wonders - CRB Tech Civil Design Training Thank you.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It maybe Ganesha Power in India.
  • Vishal Durgule
    Vishal Durgule
    Thanks.........For updating my GK
    its amazing article

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Skype Lite, smallest app to date built for the Indian market by Microsoft, would now come with Aadhaar Integration for user verification. Aadhaar service, one of the world’s largest national...
dear friends... i have got the following ranks 4254(category 1),3423(category 2) and 806(category 3) and my graduation cgpa is 8.20. i would like to attend embedded system design course. my...
Move over Kilogramme. Born in 1899 you have ruled the metric mass for more than a century. You are getting on in years and started losing weight. Quantum Physiscs is...
There seems to be confusion about the duration of the theory + practical classes conducted as a part of CDAC training. I do not have any concrete information about how...
Having to recharge phone's batteries every night could soon become passé as University of Washington (UW) researchers have developed a battery-free phone. Make no mistake, the phone still needs power,...