Opting or higher studies after two years of experience in telecom field

sir i have completed my  mechanical engineering in 2017 and i am working in a  telecom field as i have completed my 10 months in this field  and i wish i would like to opt for higher studies in mechanical field so i want to know whether opting for higher studies is a correct solution as i am not very much interested in telecom field now so i want you to guide me
Thank you

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

The decision, I think would mostly be influenced by your current financial condition. 10 months isn't a long period and you should definitely make a switch. However, whether you go for MS or M.Tech is going to be important. MS would be easier to crack because of GRE. If M.Tech is the path you wish to take you'll have to make sure that you get a good ranking college for your PG course.

In any case, decide what type of higher study you'd like to go for and start preparing for it right away. All the best!

If you have more questions, ask them below. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I agree with the views of #-Link-Snipped-#‍ .

Job satisfaction for an engineer is very important. Working in an uninteresting area is pure hell. If you can afford it, just do it. The emerging fields of additive manufacturing and robotics may be less stressful physically. Since it is a new area you will be at an advantage.

As mentioned by #-Link-Snipped-#‍ choose the institution with care whatever the area of your choice. 

More power to your elbow!

• Rama Krishnan
    Rama Krishnan
    • Thank you so much as i will definitely make a switch and would be able to succeed in future
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You will if you believe you will.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ - Be active on CE and help others. This community grows by contribution from engineers like you.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I second #-Link-Snipped-#‍ 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: “I started noticing patterns in startups — which I’ve validated with executives and VCs over the years — that how companies scale and break matches military groupings. So, the...
Unlike chess moves, changes to a Rubik’s Cube are hard to evaluate, which is why deep-learning machines haven’t been able to solve the puzzle on their own. Until now.https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611281/a-machine-has-figured-out-rubiks-cube-all-by-itself/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
How to build or develop programming skills fast as possible
Looking for pre CAT sample question papers and answers
It looks like the new proposal from the Government is to bring down the difficultly level of IIT-JEE Advance. The proposal has been made to address the issue of lots...