OPPO To Unveil Its New, Breakthrough '5x' Smartphone Photography Tech At MWC 2017

As we inch closer to the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 to be held in Barcelona Spain, we are being treated with last minute teasers and tidbits by different companies about their upcoming products and technologies. The latest to join the party is Oppo, the top smartphone brand in China and the fourth largest in the world. A media invite from the company teases about what it calls the ‘5x Project’, its new mobile camera technology that will give users "unprecedented ability to capture highly detailed images".

Oppo-facebook-teaser

While further details about the new 5x smartphone photography technology are unavailable at the moment but it seems that it is related to high-resolution image processing and may have something to do with clicking detailed selfies. Also, the company posted a teaser on its #-Link-Snipped-# with a tagline 'Go 5x further' which leads us to believe with reasonable certainty that a phone with 5x optical zoom is in the pipeline.

But zoom lenses in a smartphone aren't a new concept anymore. Companies like Apple and Asus has their version of the tech already implemented on iPhone 7 plus and the ZenFone 3 Zoom respectively. It is still however not possible to churn out a 5x optical zoom from a smartphone camera as of now. So we are excited to find out how Oppo implements the technology and when it becomes available on a smartphone for the users.

Oppo

Oppo, as a smartphone manufacturer is largely focused on the imaging aspects of a mobile device, which helped it to gain traction in the highly competitive market. The company had a very successful 2016 as it shipped 99.4 million smartphones with a year over year growth of 133 percent. It has also been one of the prime players in the Chinese market with a whopping 16.8 percent market share and managed to grab the second spot in India’s offline smartphone market.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Being a part of the ambitious youth, many of us have weaved dreams of setting our feet on the international space station and hardly the rarest of the rarest share...
Swipe Technologies has recently unveiled their latest budget smartphone, Elite 3 in India. Being the successor to Elite 2, it offers far more features and decent hardware in contrast. The...
If you are scientifically sound with the terms “Green Energy”, “Sustainable Energy”, “Renewable Energy”, you have probably harbored the notion of living without killing the hope for future generation. In...
Quote: Bryce Rutter, founder and CEO of Metaphase Design Group, keeps a running list of statements he calls "innovation killers." With more than 15 years of design consultancy experience, Bryce...
Hi Guys. Currently I'm pursuing Mechatronics. My project is based on sensors and machine learning. For that which processor should I use for combining sensor dat and machine learning. I...