Now Print And Scan 3D Objects Via Wi-fi With Flux 3D Printer

Have you ever wondered about a 3D printer that will not only print 3D objects but also work as a 3D scanner and laser engraver? Well, such a multitasking device called Flux has been designed by a group of Taiwan college students. The compact, easy-to-use Flux can create 3D objects by taking images for printing from smartphone, tablet, or other devices via Wi-Fi apart from using 3D scanner. The users can customize Flux as per their requirements by using interchangeable modules. These modules can be connected to the device directly as they contain magnets. Hence, no separate tools are required while connecting the modules.

Printer

With a price tag ranging from $ 499 to $ 679, this all-in-one device has dimensions of 21.7 X 10.4 X 11.8 inches and weighs 12lb (5.4 kg). Thanks to high resolution stepper motors, the Flux’s 3D printer builds objects of high quality. The objects are also built with great precision as it uses three efficient cooling fans that reduce the risk of malfunctioning due to overheating. The user can also create as many 3D objects of same shape and size by using 3D scanner. The laser engraving is the first interchangeable module of Flux. This module has 200 mW laser head that will enhance the laser engraving experience of the users. The other modules such as a dual extruder, a ceramics extruder, and a pastry extruder are under development. Flux also has an open module SDK that invites other engineers to share ideas and create modules.

wifi

Working on 100-240 V, the Flux has many easy-to-assemble components. When a specific part of the machine gets damaged, it is replaced quite easily instead of replacing the entire device. The more complex designs can be built using Flux Studio that provides software for processes such as 3D modeling, hardware control, and system configuration. At present, Flux Studio is in development phase.

Scan

The creators of Flux launched Kickstarter campaign which was successful as the campaign raised $1,641,075 and was endorsed by 2,707 backers.

The following video will help to get the clear idea of how the Flux works.

Source: FLUX | Bring Any Design to Life via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Sir, Please clear my confusion about MS or Better Job. I am currently working in BOSCH company( from Jan 2014). I am in confusion of going for MS or...
Air Asia flight QZ8501 has gone missing and the operator has set an emergency number +622129850801 for the friends and relatives of the 162 (155 passengers and 7 crew members)...
As we hear the latest news of AirAisa plane going missing; with no RADARS being able to keep a track of the plane- I"m wondering whether serious innovation is required...
Can anyone suggest me best laptops for clear view in direct sunlight, right now with my current laptop it is almost impossible to read anything because of too much reflection
There are times, when you need motivation, and songs are a great way of getting it.😒 So let's share the songs which make us pumped up and which we enjoy...