New updated Skype Lite to come with Aadhaar Integration

Skype Lite, smallest app to date built for the Indian market by Microsoft, would now come with Aadhaar Integration for user verification. Aadhaar service, one of the world’s largest national identification number projects facilitates users in India to communicate with government, business, and others with a lower potential for fraud.

skype-lite-aadhaar
The latest version of Skype Lite with the said integration would allow for the verification of users’ identity online, helping them communicate more securely with others. For important governmental or business calls parties would be able to verify their identity at the beginning of the call to prevent impersonation fraud.

To use the service, either of the party can request Aadhaar verification over a video call. In order to confirm one’s identity one would need to click on ‘Verify Aadhaar identity’ and enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number. A one-time password would be sent via SMS for authentication purposes. Once validated, users can choose to share pre-selected Aadhaar information with the other person to confirm their identity. When done with the call both parties would see the Aadhaar verification captured as an event within the conversation.

Verification-term-2 verification-term-skypelite-3

Skype will not store any Aadhaar information and all the personal information including call conversations would be securely encrypted. This unique feature would definitely go a long way in fostering secure confirmation in areas of sensitive business transactions and government communications. It also heralds a deeper collaboration drive between major IT companies and official governmental services for the promotion of a digitally empowered India.

Source:news.microsoft.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear friends... i have got the following ranks 4254(category 1),3423(category 2) and 806(category 3) and my graduation cgpa is 8.20. i would like to attend embedded system design course. my...
Move over Kilogramme. Born in 1899 you have ruled the metric mass for more than a century. You are getting on in years and started losing weight. Quantum Physiscs is...
There seems to be confusion about the duration of the theory + practical classes conducted as a part of CDAC training. I do not have any concrete information about how...
Having to recharge phone's batteries every night could soon become passé as University of Washington (UW) researchers have developed a battery-free phone. Make no mistake, the phone still needs power,...
Which course is right for me in the present age ?? Plastic engineering ta civil engineering