Need Help on Using FET as a Switch

To explain the kind of switching I'm trying to achieve, let me give a background story first 😁 I'm currently working on a project of making a carbon monoxide concentration meter using an MQ-7 sensor. This particular sensor needs a unique kind of voltage for its inner heater circuit: it needs a periodic voltage with 60 seconds of 5 V, and 90 seconds of 1.4 V, then repeat.

I plan on using a microcontroller to control the voltage given to the FET in line with the periodic pattern explained above. At first I planned on using a BJT as the voltage switch but my lecturer suggested on using FET instead.

An article on using FET as a switch that I understood most was this: #-Link-Snipped-# However, that article and the other ones I read only explained how to switch between a voltage and 0 voltage, so I'm a bit unsure as to how to switch between two different voltages instead (5V and 1.4 V). Is there a way of achieving this using a similar circuit?

Thank you in advance 😀

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You are able to get such switching using BJT? Get 1.4V instead of 0V using one BJT is difficult. Although I will check about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Somebody please help me with this. I need explanations and working. 85(base 10) 85/8=10.......5 10/8=1.........2 1/8 =0.........1 Answer: 125(base 8) Why does the coversion of base numbers can be correctly...
Before you jump on me with 'Are you crazy?' (I am), "Engineers make managers?' and such, please consider. We are analytical, logical, creative and hands on. All good, solid stuff...
People here are crazy about iPhone and iPad. I don’t know why. I’ve see many people are lining up to buy. Now I see the news that iPhone 5 is...
i am doing something with image forensics,and i need some some related tools or softwares.would someone provides me links to download them. thanks very much.
CEans, Since the beginning of CrazyEngineers, we've gathered on '/forum/'. However, keeping in mind the updates and 'cool things' we're planning to bring to you in near future; we switched...