Need help in understanding a crucial concept in perceiving the femto second photography

Ramesh Raskar, Mit Media Lab gave a talk about their recent discovery, Femto Second Photography some days back at TED conference. He introduced new type of imaging technique that captures trillion frames per second. With this mesmerizing technology he managed to capture "light" in motion and produced a similar video of the type known as "slow motion capturing". You can watch this video here

" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen>

Now my question is dependent on the first part of the video where he explained how the reconstruction technique using computation actually achieves to sneak a peek at the real uncompressed scene . Suppose this technology could be somehow incorporated in my eyes and my eyes, right now is basically that sophisticated camera with all the technology already embedded in it. I mean what I capture and deliver as output is the processed thing where my eyes can perceive 1 femto-second. Now with these eyes I am playing a cricket match and in a batting position. An opposite team member released a ball which I can see is coming towards me.

What Will I actually see? I mean will I see that the speed of the ball is lowered down? If so then will it not effect the reality? I mean to say If that is so, then I will be viewing the ball is still flying towards me where in reality it has already passed me.

Another thing is that, as I can perceive light in "slow motion" doesn't it violate the theory of relativity? Special Theory of Relativity says no matter and information can travel faster than the light. Though there's a much argued concept of Tachyon, Nothing truly is proved yet. And I know that Quantum entanglement is another different case where this falasy is represented but actually it does not violate the Theory of relativity. But what is true in this case? Have I just defeated the speed of light?

Would definitely like to know what you guys think and have a concrete answer to my question.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to know how to manage multiple whatsapp broadcast groups as my phone freezes a lot while sending updates to all my multiple groups. Is there any other...
I dont know what to do. Experts please help me out: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 19...
i am new to here
The discovery of a new type of ‘hydrothermal vent system’ has helped explain the long observed disconnect between the theoretical rate at which the Earth’s crust is cooling at seafloor...
I'm a software engineer...studying 1st btech. i want to MS in AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING in USA.. so i want to work on it from now... some information is required regarding my...