Need Help in developing interactive graphs

I would like to develop a webpage and need it with interactive graphs.
for example lets just say I need to build a website which displays the temerature of like 5 or more cities.
Criteria for interactive nature.
  1. Should be able to select centigrade of fahrenheit scale.
  2. should be able to select particular months.
  3. should be able to select particular cities only
  4. The data should be editable from backend (if i get todays data, I need to upload it in my database and not in the code.)
Another example of the above would be a stock price graphs as seen in Yahoo or google or any other finicial apps
Thanks. Kindly be informed even any CMS applications can also be used. or hard coding also be done. I need tutorials if possible.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You don't really need a full fledged CMS for this. If you are familiar with Javascript, you should be able to do this on the front end. If you want database connectivity to maintain past records, you might want to develop a single page PHP (or any other language of your choice) that will help you do this. Your requirements are very limited.

Have you made any attempt at developing this on your own? Share your code so that our fellow engineers can help you with it.
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Checkout www.highcharts.com they have much charts. This might you. They could be edit from backend and also highly customizable AFAIK.

~Rude Boy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For charting, my favorite is chartjs.org
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For charting, my favorite is chartjs.org
    Yes, that was better. But I like highchart. Because, it has lot of charts than chartjs. Also see this comparison: #-Link-Snipped-# . Both of them having their own PROs and CONs.

~Rude Boy 😁
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    d3JS is also good and its free as well.
    Here is a link you can try:
    d3js.org
    Try this too bruh: www.jqwidgets.com having lot of model graphs.

~Rude Boy 😁
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    You can use google charts
    developers.google.com

Here temperature on y axis and date range on x axis, you can also add multiple line charts to show temperature variation of multiple cities

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

6 Superhero Technologies Made Real
(Saw it on Verdurez)
The Tesla cars are already making a buzz all over the world. But then, there's Lucid - a car developed by a Californian startup by former Tesla and Oracle employees....
As Swachh Bharat Mission nears three years of completion, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation is organizing SWACCHATHON 1.0– a Swachh Bharat Hackathon to crowd source solutions to some of...
Reliance LYF, the subsidiary of Reliance Retail, has launched a new smartphone device dubbed LYF C451 in its pocket friendly LYF series. The light weight handset with premium design would...