Mystery Heat Exchanger

A friend recently gave me a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. This is a classic single pass shell-and-tube HEX, with 74 approximately 0.25 inch diameter tubes inside a 3.5 inch diameter shell. The overall length of the HEX is about 17 inches. The tube flow fittings are 1.5" and the shell fittings are 1" diameter. Each end is stamped with "YR CO" and the number 109429. It was originally intended to be used to augment heat in a swimming pool and appears to support a reasonably high flow rate through the tubes.

I cannot find any information on this unit and need to know its approximate BTU transfer rate at, say 180 degree shell water temp flowing at 6 GPM, with 80 degree F input water to the tubes, flowing at 10-15 gpm.

I'm a satellite design engineer and this is a bit outside my normal daily calculation....

If anyone has seen this HEX or knows its specifications, or can give me a thumbnail calculation of its capability, please contact me here or off-list at "bill at satcomresources dot com" (trying to keep the spambots from finding this addy!).

Thanks!

Bill

Replies

• Thermal
    Thermal
    what fluid are you intend to operate with on your cooling needs?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi....everybody i m very glad that i have joined CE..... now i will have good time to share our knowledge ,its looking very good site........
hi guys, I'm making a robot and i want it to be controlled by the computer. But the robot should be capable of travelling a long distance,(probably some ten to...
CEans, How about having a CE Contest with participants from all over the world? Exciting, right? Yes, there will be prize(s) ๐Ÿ˜ . I have couple of ideas about the...
HELLO ENGINEERS I JUST JOIN THIS COMMUNITY I am M.C.A. ii YEAR STUDENT AND HAVING PROBLEM THAT I NEED LATEST SEMINAR TOPICS .SO PLEASE HELP ME IN SEARCHING IT.
Hi CEians.... Whether it is possible to import a poser image into 3ds max? if so pls tell me. I don kno hw to import the image frm poser to...