Music Industry dying because of Bootlegs/Piracy ??

So,we had a debate on the entitled topic,on #-Link-Snipped-# (Mods please don't remove link,this is no ad 😀 )
What you CEans feel about this ? let's not concentrate only in hiphop like mentioned in link.
Is music Industry dying because of Piracy?
Is Gaming industry dying of piracy ?
Is Software development industry dying of bootlegs ?

What's your thought CEans ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope. Music industry isn't dying. It's actually leading to creation of another industry. The only industry dying is the CD / DVD industry.

Have you ever wondered why Microsoft never targets any of the home users who use pirated Windows? Because it keeps them #1 in the desktop segment.

I believe the new type of industry will have music creators associated with music distributors [iTunes, Radio] who'll make money for the musicians.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yeah! even i felt the same, I think all these internet leaks usually increases the sales of the product.
    So, do big companies really leaks out the product "intentionally" to increase their sell ? It seems more of marketing tactics than leaks.
    I have noticed that most anticipated album/game/OS/product always has been leaked way before its official date of release.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    The_Big_K
    Nope. Music industry isn't dying. It's actually leading to creation of another industry. The only industry dying is the CD / DVD industry.

Have you ever wondered why Microsoft never targets any of the home users who use pirated Windows? Because it keeps them #1 in the desktop segment.

I believe the new type of industry will have music creators associated with music distributors [iTunes, Radio] who'll make money for the musicians.
    I M totally agree with u sir
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Piracy is actually an investment in disguise. If it wasn't for privacy, people will never buy music albums of new artists until they are convinced that they are good. Through piracy, the artists get more followers and the ones who can afford actually buy the albums.

Going with the Gaming industry, though it has the biggest piracy all over the world, it still has the biggest revenue out of any other entertainment field. The gaming industry yearly earns more than what Hollywood does, which is a fact. Piracy is actually done by rival gaming companies to pull each other down, still not affecting their total revenue to a considerable amount.

The software development industry is now moving to a phase of Open Source, since that is the only way they get the best software made. Users can change the code according to their own will which is preferable to developers.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Piracy is wrong. Period. Kids justify piracy saying they don't have enough pocket money. But go on to grow as adults indulging in piracy saying how can something be wrong what was once okay!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a student of university college of engineering and Im currently doing my 2nd year civil in engineering and i would like to gain knowledge on my field and...
I am studying final year mechanical engineering. I have plan to do M.S through GRE. For that exam they need me to do any research related to my studies ....
I think I have a problem with me. Am not having memory of those things i read. Not about my subjects but about the general things. For example, i read...
Ah, It feels very nice to be back in CE after a long long time. I feel Rejuvenated. So, I have been looking for a laptop with reasonable specs which...
The above question is actually a misnomer. There's no specific game that can be considered as the best. There are actually infinite best games. But which one according to you...