Monday July 9th 2012, Internet may not be avilablet to thousands...

Thousands of internet lovers may be knocked off by malware on Monday July 9th 2012

Despite repeated alerts, the number of computers that probably are infected is more than 277,000 worldwide, Out of these infected, FBI believes that about 64,000 are in the United States.

Users whose computers are still infected will lose their ability to go online on Monday July 9th and have to call their service providers for help deleting the malware and reconnecting to the Internet.

Not only individual owners almost 5o top rates (out of fortune 500) companies are infected with the malware.

Facebook and Google had created their own warning messages that showed up on the top, if someone using either site appeared to have an infected computer.

Facebook users would get a message that says, "Your computer or network might be infected,"

Also, Google users got a similar message, displayed at the top of a Google search results page.

To check whether a computer is infected, users can visit a website run by the group brought in by the FBI: #-Link-Snipped-# .

The site includes links to respected commercial sites that will run a quick check on the computer, and it also lays out detailed instructions if users want to actually check the computer themselves.

-CB

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ Thank you for sharing this info with CEans. It is called the DNS Changer Malware. Those of you who feel that their PCs may be affected, you can read out report here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

to find links that will help you change settings of your PC.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Check this website if your IP address also affected.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just now a friend asked me if DNS Changer Malware can affect her smartphone or not? 👀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No clue,

However, per my thinking each device that gets an IP address can be infected. However, the question is if you are not using that device too much for the source of the malware than there are less chances that it will get infected.

Again stating, its just my understanding, I will check on this and will come back if I will get some concrete information.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is planning to make prototypes of its futuristic project "Project Glass", Internet-connected glasses available for people to test out. Per Company co-founder Surgey Brin - 'We want to get...
what is the main drawback of the automatic transmission system. can we able to rectify that one? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Technical4U
I'm hardware engineer making my software always working . I used to make facing on my problem , turning on my situation , drill my thoughts and knurl my decision...
Mozilla Gains Global Support For a Firefox Mobile OS​ ​​ ​Industry support is growing behind Mozilla’s plans to launch a new fully open mobile ecosystem based on HTML5. The operating...
Please help to make a microcontroller based project. am in EXTC branch 3rd year. I need a rare and unique project. Kindlt HELP...