Model an inverted pendulum

hi guys, new to this forum thing and need some help. as part of my final year project in college i have to build an inverted pendulum first using a program called working model and finally actually build it. any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    What have you got so far? WHich aspect do you need some help with? Gives us all your details & thoughts on your project.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, it would help if you post your achievements so far and then discuss the problems you are facing.
  • mlmcelligott
    mlmcelligott
    hi guys. you asked where i stand at the moment. i just recieved my brief a few days ago and dont really have much done other than do a little bit of research on the web. the brief i received is posted below word for word. the project was started last year where the mathlab code was written so i guess i actually have to build it and test it.

The Inverted Pendulum Problem is a well known control problem involving a trolley which can move in a straight line, and which carries a pendulum which initially hangs vertically downwards. The idea is to move the trolley in such a way as to cause the pendulum to become inverted (upside down), and to control the motion of the trolley in such a way as to keep the pendulum in the vertically upwards position. This problem has been investigated in recent times by Hassan Kaghazchi using a PLC controller-based system. The aim of this Project is to try and model this dynamic system using the Working Model Software. The Working Model Software is a 2-D rigid-body dynamic-system modeller- see #-Link-Snipped-#. The Matlab program will be linked to Working Model to provide the feedback control. This Project is a continuation of the project undertaken recently by Andrew Hogan."

Any suggestions where i should start?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No response? Mechanical engineers! Hello!
  • eddybheki
    eddybheki
    hello,
    currently im doing my final year project entitle inverted pendulum system using Genetic algorithm and radial basis function.i have to do the simulation using Matlab and the problem is,i've do all the mathematical modelling Matlab code but idont know hoe to start wrinting the code for GA and Radial basis function.do u guys have any idea where can i get the example of genetic algorithm matlab coding or any coding that may help...pleaseeeee..i only got two more weeks to submit my project.
  • manish_mb123
    manish_mb123
    hi ...
    can u plz guide me wht are the requirements to make a working model of an inverted pendulum,
    and what the requirements and estimated cost

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I'm sure you must have seen it in the news. China's hackers/crackers have declared a cyber war against India. While the news channels don't talk about what's actually being...
CEans, I was wondering if anyone of you can talk about Genetic Engineering. What exactly do genetic engineers do? I bet this discussion will clarify lots of doubts that most...

Hi

Hi, Look forward to working with you all. I may be one of the oldest engineer in this forum but I am still learning and spreading the stored knowledge among...
CEans, The purpose behind starting CE -Finance was very simple. Engineers should have a place where they can talk about finance and benefit from it. I've realized that most of...
Looks like we have lot of confusion over the subject here 😉 . So, why not dedicate a thread to it? Is 0.999999.... (infinite) equal to 1? What do you...