Mobile phone radiation SAR - iPhone5S is worse

SAR - Specific absorption rate (SAR) is a measure of the rate at which Energy is Absorption (Electromagnetic Radiation) by the human body when exposed to a Radio Frequency (RF) Electromagnetic Field.
According to norms, threshold value for head is : 1.6 W/Kg (Watts/Kg) US/India
In simpler term, "Less the SAR value, less radiation, and more you safe".
Here is little comparison of some mobile phone's SAR value

Samsung Galaxy S5: head SAR : 0.85 W/Kg, Body SAR : 1.55 W/Kg
LG Nexus 5: 0.92 W/kg (head) 1.23 W/kg (body)
Iphone 5S : head 1.25 ear
Moto E: 0.97 W/kg (head) , 1.50 W/kg (body)

Samsung Galaxy SII : Head 0.475 W/Kg šŸ˜
Samsung Galaxy Note II : Head 0.225 W/KgšŸ‘
Finally,Nokia 1100: 0.78 W/kg.

You can find your device SAR value here: #-Link-Snipped-#
(It will redirect to your mobile official site where SAR values has been mentioned)

What's your mobile phone's SAR value?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Note II. I'm on the safer side šŸ˜€ [Head SAR : 0.225 W/Kg]
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    It's not showing results for my device, it says phone model does not exist šŸ˜›

Using Samsung GT-S5302

(Samsung Galaxy Pocket Duos/ Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It's 0.86 W/kg (head) [Source: GSM Arena]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know, if the battery of some non-replaceable type phone has a defect (considering out of warranty product), then what happens to the phone? Does it really becomes...
I was having doubt on the Flipkart affiliate program and here is one guy who experience it. Read More here:- https://satishgandham.com/2014/06/wh...be-trusted-and-why-i-will-never-use-it-again/ Have you faced similar issue?
Quite literally so, the face of smartphones is about to change. The problem of smartphone screens smashing on impact may be a thing of past times, courtesy: Polymer scientists at...
Hello everyone, I am new in this forum, and I hope our experienced engineers will help in my day to day problems. I will start from a short self intro,...
A few days ago at the Tizen Developer Conference 2014, developers presented new projects such as Samsung Z, Tizen TV SDK & details on Tizen OS IVI 3.0. During the...