Metallic look Plastic spoons

I have doubt that how people are making the plastic spoon metallic.Do they use chrome plating or graphite or any other stuff. Can any one help me to find out how they give a metallic look to plastic spoons.I think the base material which they are using for the spoon is GPPS,HIPS,ABS or SAN.

Waiting for replies.

Thanks
Saptm

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Metallizing of plastic is done by Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD). PS, HIPS and ABS can be metallised.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not a mobile gamer but the game 'Hill Climb Racing' available on Android is really interesting and it can help you kill some time in a boring meeting or...
Which is the best college for doing post graduation in India and also over the world?
Hi Friends, Suggest the best Laser printer to buy in budget upto 4000-5000 INR Please don't suggest HP model. I hate it.😡
Dear Friends, i have to face a problem in calculation of reactions from these equations R1 + R2 + R3 = 40 0.625R1 + 0.275R2 = 9 0.275R3 - 0.35R1...
Dear All, If any one could provide some video tutorial of Good professionals/professors (IITS/NITs/Google or some other top universities)in C programming.Which may help me to learn all the concepts(Arrays/Pattern pgm/string...