Mechanical Engineering > Computer Engineering Among Indian Students

Looks like the trends are changing and once hot favorite engineering branch of all would-be engineering students, computer science is no longer 'cool'. Surprisingly, more students are now opting for Mechanical engineering according to report published in DNA (newspaper). The data obtained from AICTE hints that in the last four years, the trend is switching from CS to ME, resulting into decline in overall admissions into CS.

In my opinion, it's because of the job scenario. A lot of computer engineers have been facing problems finding a decent jobs. The Indian IT services industry is now loaded with 'maintenance' jobs which don't require much technical expertise.

But I'm curious to know the jobs for mechanical engineers are on the rise? What's your take?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at MIT, recently proposed that electron-phonon interaction could stand out as an important reason behind overheating of microelectronic devices. They carried out a series of experiments which led them...
Suffering from poor internet connection in Pune city and looking for the best options available for high-speed internet, led me to check the latest Reliance JioFi Router. With an attractive...
Post Dusshera deals have been proving to be enterprising, at least when it comes to electronic goods, tech giants to toddlers – companies have targeted this very moment to push...
Can you think of a world without GPS pushing its nose inside the high-end navigation system? The one and only technology with few derived attributes single-handedly serve the world. But...
Hi..... Can anyone share civil material consumption sheet in excel.......