LYNDON X B = JOHNSON

This is an old one that came up during Lyndon's presidential term.
LYNDON X B = JOHNSON
Each letter stands for a unique digit zero to nine.
When the letters are replaced by the corresponding digits the multiplication should work out.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Alfred Hitchcock could not stand suspense himself and used to read the end of detective stories first. I do not like leaving puzzles dangling.
    Once solved the solver knows that it is correct.
    For those who want to get the answer, the solution is here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Got the answer😀 !! Sir u should have waited a little more to share the answer😔.
    Anyways, really interesting problem 👍.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Congrats. Good that you got it. This is a straight forward reasoning puzzle. It first appeared in the Mathematical Games section (edited by Martin Gardner) of the 'Scientific American' in the Sixties.

The solution was put up for those who may not want to put in the effort to solve.

The answer is not open. You have to get the word file and open it to see it. It is not up front visible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We're super excited to announce the launch of mobile optimised version of CrazyEngineers! The mobile optimised layout was one of the top requests made by CEans. The wait is...
Kaustubh Katdare i am going to take isro cs exam on may 12th 2013... please give me information about the exam pattern...
The usual and uncomfortable treatment for the condition commonly called 'Lazy Eye' (medically amblyopia) is to put a patch on the normal eye to force the other to get regular...
It looks like there's a lot of confusion about the difference between UPS & Inverter. This seems to be one of the common question asked in electrical / electronics exam...
Hello everyone! Warm greetings. Been busy with my project work and unable to come here. Now I need of a bit help. For my project I fabricated a Wobbler engine...