Loogun Cleans Your Toilet Using Nothing But Water

If you are a grown-up, one of the most boring and filthiest chores that you have to do on a regular basis is cleaning up your toilet. You have to get your hands dirty with a toilet brush and smelly disinfectants. This has perhaps been the norm since flushable toilets were first invented. All of this is about to change with the Loogun that debuts on Kickstarter this weekend. As you might have guessed from the name “Loogun”, it is a hand-held motorised device that sprays a powerful jet into the toilet to clean the tough stains. The team claims that the water jet is powerful enough to clean the stains that are submerged in the water without causing any splashing.

Loogun (4)
Loogun (3) Loogun (1) Loogun (2)

One of the obvious reasons as to why Loogun is a better alternative to the old toilet brush is that it never comes in contact with the surface of the toilet bowl which means it remains hygienic and you do not have to deal with a dripping toilet brush. The team at Loogun Limited are even targeting the product towards children because they think its safe enough to be used by people of all ages. Even though it’s quite unnecessary the company has added a safety feature that switches off the water jet when the Loogun is pointed upwards.

The Loogun has a detachable reservoir that can hold 300ml of clean water which is sufficient for cleaning your toilet six times which is a brilliant water saving measure. It is powered by a four AA batteries that can last for nine months even if you use it once a day. This is where we are miffed with the product. It says in the #-Link-Snipped-# that you have to use the Loogun on a daily basis and if you clean your toilet in a weekly basis like most people do, you have to use a brush and a cleaning agent. This completely defeats the purpose of the product that is clearly a rip-off of #-Link-Snipped-#, a steam cleaning product that you see on late night infomercials.

Another deterrent for investing in the product is the princely price tag of £27 (2,703 INR) which is way too much for a product that doesn’t fulfil the expectations. Since uploading a video of the product in action around a toilet is downright unacceptable the team showed its capability cleaning Vegemite off a glass bowl. We are sure that is a substantial amount of splashing in that video below. This product is a no go for us but we still have to await the verdict from the public when it is launched on Kickstarter on July 4th.

Source: For 100 years we’ve cleaned the toilet with a brush. Isn’t it time for a change? Via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am placed at thales india as a trainee engineer, do you have any insights regarding thales as a company, working in this profile, important decisions to take. any help...
hello fellow engineers does anyone heard about open garden and how it is used? and how can it be helpfull in our or your society thank you =). just want...
Apple Music has officially launched in India and I was surprised to see the pricing for the subscription. While the International subscription costs $9.99 or £9.99 or AU$11.99 per month,...
If you are an iTunes user on OSX or Windows, it's time to upgrade to iTunes 12.2. Apple has began rolling out the latest update that features Apple Music and...
I have been interested in making a type of armband, for years now. What I want: Compatibility: Android Bluetooth- To tell you who messaged me, or is currently calling, and...