liquid pump stirling engine

Hello friends i am a mechanical engineering student living in india. I have participated in a technical competition at VNIT NAGPUR.

The problem statement is below

Design and construct a working model based on the concept of Liquid Piston Stirling Engine that outputs enough power to pump water. The water is required to be pumped from the source to the receiving container. The hot source of the model must be powered using sunlight.

Model Specifications:
  1. The basic principle of the Liquid Piston Stirling Engine should necessarily be incorporated in the model.
  2. The height of the model should not be more than 2 feet.
  3. A base will be provided for installation of the model. The base area will be 24 inches X 18 inches. The model should fit on the base provided.
  4. The water level in the source container will be about 1 foot below the base of the model.
  5. The hot source should necessarily be maintained using sunlight.
  6. Use of external power supply is not allowed.
  7. Nothing except the base and the two containers will be provided
I am not able to find a design which can be used and also the material from which it can be built.
I found out that a assembly of plastic pipes can be used where one end is maintained at high temprature and one at cold temperature. Due to their temprature diffrence water can be pumped.
PLEASE give suggestion to me about the design.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is an increasing demand from industrial workers and contractors operating in high risk areas to wear an EN471 (high visibility) compliant garment that has the additional benefits of heat...
Can anyone tell me. what are the precautions to be taken while placing form work for footings, which has to be constructed in an area with high ground water table...
Hey guys, This is Ankur .. currently in Second year Electronics engg from Mumbai .. Looking forward to have great time here .. Cheers ..
how will u check the relation of two numbers (greater or lesser or equal to) without using RELATIONAL OPERATORS??????;-);-);-)
I had a mountain of spare computer parts around, so I decided to turn them into a touchscreen jukebox project. As the project progresses, I've been adding more and more...