Linux Flavours You Like Most...

The number of linux distros,like ubuntu , fedora , edubuntu , redhat linux , SUSE Linux , Linux Mint and Slack ware Linux are having thier own advantages ,, I have used ubuntu,fedora,slackware but I like slackware,I have given the reason in the first post of this thread.Similar post the linux distros name that you like most with thier advantages that you like in that os...So that others may know the advantages of the other linux distros...

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    My vote is goes to slackware...
    Because ,
    needs little resources
    stable and secure
    doesn't have dependencies-related problems...
  • SlackerLX
    SlackerLX
    Well, I used to work on Slack all the time. Up until recently though. I switched to SuSE starting v.10.1
    Tweaking is nice but I must admit that the latest SuSE kicks them all (in the terms of ease and stability). What the hell, even Linus himself has admitted using SuSE in the past 5 years
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    My vote goes for Ubuntu.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Ubuntu and Kubuntu. Never tried the others so my choices are rather restricted.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @raj87verma88: try other versions like SUSE they are free too, as well as comes with lots of software in the dvd itself...#-Link-Snipped-#
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    My vote goes for Ubuntu.Ubuntu is very user friendly,easy to install and also good for tweaking.It has excellent support,large number of applications and it uses apt-get package manager which is faster and easier than others.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    suse runied my computer, both my OS crashed. I am more happy with UBUNTU
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @Durga-> Can you Elaborate your problem faced with SUSE Linux?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've used the "big three".. Ubuntu, Fedora and openSUSE. I liked all of them, though they did give issues on their own.

But I'm currently favoring Fedora now. Quite awesome 😀 Love the background.

If a few of you remember a long time ago, openSUSE sort of gave me big headache when configuring PPPoE support for DSL connections. I'm not sure if it's fixed natively now, but here are some instructions if you face similar issues:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've used Fedora, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Damn Small Linux, PCQ Linux (if it counts 😉 )

Red Hat, Ubuntu and Fedora are cool!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I just remembered. I have used fedora in my college lab PC, if it counts.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I've used Ubuntu(currently intrepid), openSUSE, Fedora, CAE Linux, knoppix(on my p3). My fav has to be ubuntu.
  • gohm
    gohm
    One of the suggestions for the new space station wing of NASA's name (they are having a contest) is ubuntu...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A Workshop on Recent Trends in Electronics is being conducted by Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering..... on 12th March 2009 (thursday) for information regarding the workshop, please visit the...
Hi all, I found this in an article and thought will be useful to all those job seekers. Resume Writing Tips. A resume is a tool to present and effectively...
CEans, If you know about latest job opening in your company, feel free to post information about it on CE Forums (in this section). You may also provide your email...
A man was leaving a cafe with his morning coffee when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.A funeral coffin was followed by a second one...
Hi friends, Myself moon from India, I want to discuss here my online business experience, You are most welcome to share your experience with me. Hi all friend I have...