LINE Lite App Installs In 1/20 The Time of The Standard Version

LINE Corporation has unveiled the lightweight variant to its popular messenger app in 11 countries including India, Pakistan, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia. Called 'LINE Lite', the new version is said to take up much lesser space on your smartphone and and use less data to run. In fact, the company boasts that the app installs in 1/20th of the time required by the app's standard version and the speed may impress the app loyalists. LINE Lite has been designed to provide a smoother user experience on most networks, even in places where low-end smartphones are widely used and network infrastructure isn't much developed.

LINE_lite_messenger

Even though the app's called Lite, the messenger retains most of the standard app's core features such as text-messaging, sticker support and image-based communication. However, users will find that audio or video calling are not supported.

It goes without saying that users will be able to exchange messages and photos for free with LINE Lite as well as LINE app users.

The makers have promised that the LINE Lite will be made available in more countries as and when they find it necessary that a region demands for it. Currently, the languages supported by the app include Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, and Vietnamese

What are your thoughts about the LINE Lite app? Share with us in comments below.

Source: [LINE]LINE Lite Officially Released in 11 Countries | LINE Corporation | News

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This is really good move ! Whatsapp and Facebook mobile application is crunching most of the memory We can't afford such heavy consuming application if you are having storage like 8GB.
    Let's see if whatsapp or FB is coming up with such lite version or not.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How do you like the idea of controlling the amount of heat and light passing through the window? Interesting, isn't it? Well, that's exactly what the researchers at the Cockrell...
Hi, I am a third-year CS student. My final year project's field is Artificial Intelligence and all i do is JAVA(Android etc..). Now i have to choose a topic fast...
Everyone wishes there was a way to do that. Even though Android phones these days are available at incredibly cheap prices, there's always some defaulter you know who just won't...
It was days of April-2015,We were having semester examinations and also we were looking for an last vacation of our college life.Some of my friend had decided to go for...
We have a lot of programmers here, I thought of making a collection of the best books that one can use to learn database systems. The books I've referred during...