just want to get some feed back on an idea

An online market where the currency was favors. Such as if you needed a piece of information, and you couldn't (didn't want to) look it up, you post it and someone does it for you. Then you owe them a favor they can call in. Idea is still very young (like 3 minutes old) just wanted to get some feedback.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE forum is closer to that idea. Except, you don't have to ask for / do favor in return. The expectations on favor may not be fulfilled always by the beneficiary of the initial help.
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    The goal of this would be to the population at large, for people who may not be plugged into awesome community where there is no expectation of reciprocation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That indeed is a good idea. Have you seen this: #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    good article, seems to be some underlying radical thoughts there as well as some idealism, but overall something to strive for.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you elaborate a bit more on your project idea?
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    what I am thinking is essentially a social community like facebook, that connects people through their need for help with little favors. I realize that there are already sites similar to this like task rabbit and the new exec site, but those are fairly involved and valuable tasks. What I'm envisioning would be lighter and these tasks would hopefully be completed faster. I think an example would probably do it justice. Someone is trying to decide which shirt goes best with a pair of pants, or the address of a restaurant and they post on x.com or through x app and then someone gives the address to the restaurant or gives an opinion, and then theoretically they would owe you a favor. Obviously there are a lot of complexities that would need to be worked out, but that's the basic premise.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Alright. Now I get an idea. I think the idea is pretty feasible if you draw out the rules for what kind of favors people can ask.
    So, you can give the users options to choose from.
    You might also want to design a system where people can categorize there help-related questions, so that people looking forward to helping can easily find their area of expertise.
    The project can grow on the idea of 'mutual benefit'. 👍
    Correct me if I got anything wrong there.
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    No you got it. That's exactly what I would hope it would grow on.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea is quite good; but I'm still stuck up on how'd eventually work. Say A helps B; now B owes favor to A, but what B's capable of offering isn't what A's looking for (at that point of time). So let's say we store it in terms of points so that whenever B has something that A's looking for; he/she can return it to A.

But that got me into thinking the monetary system is actually the 'points' system that we're looking at, which speeds up the whole process.
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    I thought of that as well, and here is the solution I've come up with so far. Theres A) the possibility of skills or talents so you could list talents and pick from those talents. B) Rating the favor initially in terms of difficulty and urgency, that would make up points. point B is important because a favor involving which shoes look better, would be nowhere near as difficult as someones SQLite database crashing and getting advice from that. Obviously there would be unreturned favors, but I think that there could also be a system in place that involves requesting favors and if they remain unreturned you get booted. So if I help you recover a database, and then I ask you to order a pizza that will be delivered and paid for at my house, and you refuse to do it there would be consequences. I think that overall it could work, because even in real life the more serious the favor, the more likely you are to return one of equal scale or a lot of little ones. anyway these are all just ideas.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

respected how how i can get help from your forum?like c problems,projects and general questions answers....
Hello Engineers, With our new re-design of the CE-Home Page, a few interesting additions are made. One of them is our all-new 'Popular Tech Videos' section in the right-sidebar. Check...
Those in the software industry can relate to the fact that *in most cases* designers and front-end developers get all the credit. They’re the ones who will repeatedly feature in...
hi... can somebody please tell me if these books are good for university exams as well as for competitive exams. MACHINE DESIGN : AN INTEGRATED APPROACH 2ED- Norton, Rebort L...
Hello I am a mechanical engineer from Tamil Nadu. I want to know which is the best book to study welding technology. Please share the names of some good authors...