Jolla Sailfish Will Arrive in India Within A Month!

Pretty much bored with Windows & iOS ? (Well Android is not boring at all, so I will deduct its names)
Here arrives Jolla Sailfish Phone in India. Jolla has partnered with Snapdeal (Fuck that shit! They should've signed with Flipkart) to sell it to Indian customers.
The device will cost around 29K INR approximately. It's time for switch!

Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why should we care for Jolla Sailfish? Android and iOS do pretty good job.
  • Root
    Root
    I love what hear about Jolla Sailfish. They make the right moves and noises.

If we discount than million 'fart sound' or 'torch light' applications in other platforms , Jolla comes as a fresh change for the bored eyes. Yes, it is easy to join the sheep and conform to 'standard'. It takes real intestinal fortitude to be a bit different and proud about that. Oh, I think Jolla has the capability to run android applications ( somewhat like BlackBerry 10 OS, I believe). So that should satisfy the 'apps' lovers.

Though I think the current price of Jolla would start a howl storm across online ( 'twoo kostly', 'wonly dis much specs', ' will my nose picking game work' etc), that is some price I would gladly pay for Jolla being a mobile Che Guevara.

Sprechen Wahrheit!
    Che Guevara
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Jolla! They are unlike!
    The UI looks B-E-A-utiful! 😀

I think we need a specs comparison between Jolla and OnePlus One smartphones.

JOLLA vs. ONEPLUS

4.5 inches vs. 5.5 inches
    540 x 960 pixels vs. 1080 x 1920 pixels
    245 ppi vs. 401 ppi
    Camera - 8 megapixels vs. 13 megapixels
    Flash - LED vs. Dual LED
    Processor - Dual core, 1400 MHz, Krait 200 vs. Quad core, 2500 MHz, Krait 400
    Battery - 2100 mAh vs. 3100 mAh

😲
  • Root
    Root
    I'll take that bait.. 😀

No, I don't dispute that nut and bolt wise Oneplus is better. The "invite only' availability of Oneplus definitely provide a cult like attractiveness to that. Add CyanogenMod to that mix, and you have a perfect blockbuster. There is CyanogenMod exoticness and possibilities of tighter hardware integration and better optimization. But...
    It is android at the end of the day. Once you get past the niceties of interface and frills, the end result would be similar or slightly better than the endless droid phones the user familiar with.

For me it is less than exciting. There is a want more feeling.

Whereas Jolla, it is a enhanced reminder of a one of a kind phone ( the famed Nokia N9 ) that very few got their hands on. It is getting things done in a different way. Promises of improvements in overall are as good as uncertain and unpredictable game. It is an introduction to out of ordinary kick. It is sinful as a forbidden apple. It is a rebel's ultimate dream.

Rotis and rice would do to survive the day. But if it is sushi..?

It is something I found hard to resist!

PS: How do I 'like' a post?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Lookwise, It definitely kills others.
    Great to hear its entry but SANPDEAL[​IMG]
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Sorry to disappoint but 1st phone is total let down. 👎
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Why would anyone buy a new OS phone in 16.5k for 1.4Ghz dual core processor with 960x450 resolution and only 5 touch point.
    I can't see anything exiting in phone.
  • lal
    lal
    Anoop Kumar
    Sorry to disappoint but 1st phone is total let down. 👎
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Why would anyone buy a new OS phone in 16.5k for 1.4Ghz dual core processor with 960x450 resolution and only 5 touch point.
    I can't see anything exiting in phone.
    Because, that hardware is enough to run it super smooth! Why would anyone want to use/stack unwanted resources?

5 touch points! Till date, I haven't seen anyone using 10 fingers and one foot on a cell phone screen. It shouldn't be a letdown unless someone plays piano on the phone!

The display - now, that 'can be' a let down! Totally agrees. A larger screen could have been there. Well, that is for Jolla 2.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    More touch point doen't mean you have to use that number of fingers. It used for better accuracy, like in zooming.
    Hardware: Well let the long term review come out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So since most of devs chooses deodexed ROM as offerings, I would like to know which one do you prefer ? And why ? Let's discuss/debate the pros & cons...
Some formulas 1. Einstein’s Relationship: Dp/ µp =Dn/ µn = constant= VT 2. VT = kT/q,= ǩT where k= Boltzmann constant in J/°K= 1.38 * 10-23 J/°K Or ǩ= 8.625*...
Numericals 1. Determine the concentration of electrons and holes in a sample for germanium at 300°K in which concentration of donor atoms is 2*10(14) [raise to power 14] atoms/cm(3) and...
Hey guys, This is one of the problems that we as a company face during our quality audit. We cater machined products to the customers and we recently had an...
Hello guys can anyone tell me how to start a conversation or how to write on someone's wall 😔😔😔