Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin Rocket Does Controlled Landing

Blue Origin is a private space company owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos - and it's done what Elon Musk couldn't. Do the controlled rocket landing right; and here's a video proof of it:

Elon Musk's SpaceX has been able to develop its own reusable rocket; but it has not mastered the landing yet - which is critical part of the entire space game. Do look at the video and share your thoughts. Looks like the race for the space is on! What say?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Posted without checking what came earlier. Landing within a five foot radius of target with such heavy cross winds for such a large object is phenomenal. A great advance indeed. Musk will not keep quiet. We may see a Space Grand Prix yet.

An amazing feat from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
    Quote:
    "Now safely tucked away at our launch site in West Texas is the rarest of beasts—a used rocket,” he said. “Blue Origin’s reusable New Shepard space vehicle flew a flawless mission—soaring to 329,839 feet and then returning through 119-mph high-altitude crosswinds to make a gentle, controlled landing just four and a half feet from the centre of the pad. Full reuse is a game changer, and we can’t wait to fuel up and fly again.”
    Endquote
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ASUS fans have a new ravishing option to buy as the company's newest gaming laptop ASUS R510JX has been officially launched in India. Featuring a bunch of top notch features,...
Lava has officially unveiled its newest smartphone 'Lava Irix Atom 2X' in India at a price of Rs. 4499, making it the newest low-budget Android device in town. Powered by...
An apple fell down to the ground, and Newton hit gold on gravity. While it was definitely an important observation, after a great deal of study, physicists could mark out...
what is the material used in underwater vehicles/weapons?
I'm trying to learn Ansys. So i have started with a simple problem in conduction which I would be using it in one of my work. I have a wire...