Is your phone eavesdropping even when you are not using it?

Scary. But seems possible.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Our phones know more than they should about their owners. They're not just sitting idle in our pockets. Just visit Google "My Activity" page and you'll see what your phone was silently recording about you. 

It' high time we stop pretending that the situation is under our control and we can easily turn 'on' privacy features. 

It's a new world that's beyond our control. Come 5G and things will worsen. Because the fridge would automatically know how many scoops of ice-creme I ate and will automatically extend my gym membership and also modify my workout schedule. 

It's the new reality that's beyond human control.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

China is slowing down on internal solar generation. This may be good news for India.https://qz.com/1298585/chinas-solar-power-slowdown-is-great-news-for-india/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo
Quote: We took an exclusive ride in a flying car."It's as easy to use as playing Minecraft," Kitty Hawk CEO Sebastian Thrun said as we watched my colleague Rachel Crane...
Hi. I'm a 2018 pass-out Electronics and communication graduate. I'm already placed in a IT MNC but not sure when my joining will come. I want to do some internship/...
A quick question for all our fellow CEans. Do you think we should include 'breadcrumbs' aka small navigation links on all the pages of the site?For those who do not...