Is the Nuclear power inevitable?

Friends, I recently wrote an article regarding Nuclear power plant at Jaitapur.
#-Link-Snipped-#

In that I came across various types of comments. I only wanted to say one thing that we should not be afraid of consequences but we should be ready to tackle them. We should develop more advanced technology to tackle radiation problems. What say friends? What is your take on it? ๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah thats right. we can't stop progressing just because there "may" be problems in future. the safety must be take as a top priority when setting up a nuclear power plant. if we set up strict bye-laws and rules to be followed at the reactor there should be no fear.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup CP good to know your thoughts. But the main problems which remains "what are the exact problems related to Nuclear power plants? "

Let us proceed this discussion in a technical way!
    What say CP and everyone?
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    ishutopre
    Y But the main problems which remains "what are the exact problems related to Nuclear power plants? "
    The radiation that it can cause to people and nation during the meltdown.๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @All Civil engineers:
    If I may suggest, what are the precautions to be taken while building (constructional features of course) a nuclear power plant ?
    As a civil engineers what do you feel?

@Electrical and electronics engineers:
    What other machineries and technologies that can be utilized to prevent hazards?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    it must be constructed of thicker walls. the design must also take into account the seismic forces, tsunami wave the area may be subjected to in a longer span of time. the concretes must be of high grades.
    as far as the design is concerned i don't know much. any one else knows?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    In my view any measures can't stop the natural calamities so in my view its better to take such dangerous projects in the safe area and the radiations can be made to stop by some measures but its better to measures are better than cure
    so i think we should concentrate on the eco-friendly technologies because danger is always danger
    nuclear energy is good i am not coming opposite to it but think if any fault occurs
    in my power systems class i had seen a video of nuclear power plant that safety measures are really amazing
    so in my view now technology is good feeling sorry for japan because it is natural calamity and we can't make sure that any measures we take can't stop nature

please i am saying my view don't offend me

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is meant by supercharger & turbo charger? Actually, I want to know the difference between turbocharger and a supercharger on a cars engine? Can someone please explain?
HCL AM7-A1 is android 2.2 based tablet recently released by HCL in India for a price of Rs. 22990. The tablet features - high speed cpu,enhanced web experience, GPS,Voice Calling,...
What could be the main reason behind fall in price of laptop? Wondering whether the trend in price fall will continue.
We now have an official CrazyEngineers Group on LinkedIn. Check it out - CrazyEngineers | LinkedIn Join in ๐Ÿ˜€
IdeaMalll is Idea Cellular's own app store available at IdeaMall . Looks like launching app store is a fad these days ๐Ÿ˜ High time that we launch CrazyEngineers App store...